Veal sausages with creamed sweetcorn and girolles
Our old-time sausage supplier, Jean Paul of the Franconian Sausage Company, has been making some great veal sausages for the restaurant, but you can use any good-quality sausage for this dish.
4 sausages, as above
2 corn on the cobs, cooked
100ml chicken stock
100ml double cream
150-200g girolles or other wild mushrooms
A couple of good knobs of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the kernels from the corn, put them in a pan with the chicken stock and simmer for a couple of minutes. Blend 1/3 in a liquidiser and return to the pan with the double cream; simmer until thickened and season. Meanwhile, cook the sausages and keep warm. Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms on a medium heat, until tender.
To serve, spoon the sweetcorn onto warmed serving plates, place the sausage on top and spoon the mushrooms over.
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...