Veal sausages with creamed sweetcorn and girolles
Our old-time sausage supplier, Jean Paul of the Franconian Sausage Company, has been making some great veal sausages for the restaurant, but you can use any good-quality sausage for this dish.
4 sausages, as above
2 corn on the cobs, cooked
100ml chicken stock
100ml double cream
150-200g girolles or other wild mushrooms
A couple of good knobs of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the kernels from the corn, put them in a pan with the chicken stock and simmer for a couple of minutes. Blend 1/3 in a liquidiser and return to the pan with the double cream; simmer until thickened and season. Meanwhile, cook the sausages and keep warm. Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms on a medium heat, until tender.
To serve, spoon the sweetcorn onto warmed serving plates, place the sausage on top and spoon the mushrooms over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...