Wild duck and quince salad
Cook the quince in the same way as for the tart recipe above; you could add cloves or even peppercorns to add a savoury kick.
1 wild duck
A couple of knobs of butter, softened
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 quinces, cooked as for the tart recipe
A couple of handfuls of small tasty salad leaves
For the dressing
1tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
1tsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
2tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Season the duck and rub the breasts with the butter. Roast for 20-30 minutes, keeping the breasts nice and pink, then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, halve and slice the quinces. Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing and season.
Remove the legs from the duck, remove all of the meat and shred it. Remove the breasts and cut each into 8 slices.
To serve, toss the leaves, quince and shredded leg meat with the dressing and lightly season and arrange on cold serving plates, then arrange the sliced breast on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...