Wild duck and quince salad
Cook the quince in the same way as for the tart recipe above; you could add cloves or even peppercorns to add a savoury kick.
1 wild duck
A couple of knobs of butter, softened
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 quinces, cooked as for the tart recipe
A couple of handfuls of small tasty salad leaves
For the dressing
1tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
1tsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
2tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Season the duck and rub the breasts with the butter. Roast for 20-30 minutes, keeping the breasts nice and pink, then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, halve and slice the quinces. Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing and season.
Remove the legs from the duck, remove all of the meat and shred it. Remove the breasts and cut each into 8 slices.
To serve, toss the leaves, quince and shredded leg meat with the dressing and lightly season and arrange on cold serving plates, then arrange the sliced breast on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...