Wild garlic, walnut and Berkswell sauce
Makes about half a litre
This is essentially a pesto but made with totally British ingredients; use it as a pasta sauce or mixed with mayonnaise, or straight out of the jar with meat, fish or vegetables.
250g wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
200-250ml rapeseed oil
50g good-quality walnuts, lightly toasted
150-180g grated Berkswell cheese or other British hard cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put all of the ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor and blend as smoothly or as coarsely as you wish; season to taste. Transfer to sterilised jars, seal the lids and keep refrigerated for 3-6 months.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...