Wild garlic, walnut and Berkswell sauce
Makes about half a litre
This is essentially a pesto but made with totally British ingredients; use it as a pasta sauce or mixed with mayonnaise, or straight out of the jar with meat, fish or vegetables.
250g wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
200-250ml rapeseed oil
50g good-quality walnuts, lightly toasted
150-180g grated Berkswell cheese or other British hard cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put all of the ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor and blend as smoothly or as coarsely as you wish; season to taste. Transfer to sterilised jars, seal the lids and keep refrigerated for 3-6 months.
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...