Wilted escarole with goat's cheese and hazelnuts
Sunday 03 February 2008
1 head of escarole
50g/2oz unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A small squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 bunch parsley, very finely chopped
4 slices chewy, peasant-style bread
1 garlic clove
80g/3oz goat's cheese
1 tbsp hazelnut (or walnut) oil
12 hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Take the inner leaves of the escarole and wash gently. Pat dry. Melt the butter over a low heat and add the leaves. Stir until they begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan. Cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley. Grill the bread on both sides, then rub the garlic clove over it while it is warm. Place on a serving plate and spoon the leaves over. Crumble the cheese on top. Finish by drizzling with hazelnut oil and scattering with the nuts.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
GTA 5 pulled from shelves after petition
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...