Wilted escarole with goat's cheese and hazelnuts
Sunday 03 February 2008
1 head of escarole
50g/2oz unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A small squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 bunch parsley, very finely chopped
4 slices chewy, peasant-style bread
1 garlic clove
80g/3oz goat's cheese
1 tbsp hazelnut (or walnut) oil
12 hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Take the inner leaves of the escarole and wash gently. Pat dry. Melt the butter over a low heat and add the leaves. Stir until they begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan. Cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley. Grill the bread on both sides, then rub the garlic clove over it while it is warm. Place on a serving plate and spoon the leaves over. Crumble the cheese on top. Finish by drizzling with hazelnut oil and scattering with the nuts.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 3 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...