Wilted escarole with goat's cheese and hazelnuts
Sunday 03 February 2008
1 head of escarole
50g/2oz unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A small squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 bunch parsley, very finely chopped
4 slices chewy, peasant-style bread
1 garlic clove
80g/3oz goat's cheese
1 tbsp hazelnut (or walnut) oil
12 hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Take the inner leaves of the escarole and wash gently. Pat dry. Melt the butter over a low heat and add the leaves. Stir until they begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan. Cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley. Grill the bread on both sides, then rub the garlic clove over it while it is warm. Place on a serving plate and spoon the leaves over. Crumble the cheese on top. Finish by drizzling with hazelnut oil and scattering with the nuts.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...