Yoghurt with pistachios, honey and pomegranate
Saturday 07 March 2009
This is a really simple dish that we ate for breakfast in the hotel, with the various components served separately. As well as breakfast, it also makes a really simple and healthy dessert. You could use different types of nuts or local honey.
200-250g thick Turkish or Greek yoghurt
The seeds and juice from 1 pomegranate
2tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
2tsp icing sugar
2-3tbsp clear honey
Mix the pistachios and icing sugar together and place them on a piece of foil under a medium grill for a few minutes, turning them every so often until they begin to colour. To serve, spoon the yoghurt on to plates, scatter the pomegranate seeds and pistachios over and drizzle the honey on top.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...