Yoghurt with pistachios, honey and pomegranate
Saturday 07 March 2009
This is a really simple dish that we ate for breakfast in the hotel, with the various components served separately. As well as breakfast, it also makes a really simple and healthy dessert. You could use different types of nuts or local honey.
200-250g thick Turkish or Greek yoghurt
The seeds and juice from 1 pomegranate
2tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
2tsp icing sugar
2-3tbsp clear honey
Mix the pistachios and icing sugar together and place them on a piece of foil under a medium grill for a few minutes, turning them every so often until they begin to colour. To serve, spoon the yoghurt on to plates, scatter the pomegranate seeds and pistachios over and drizzle the honey on top.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...