Reports of a pumpkin shortage frighten food bloggers
Wednesday 21 September 2011
There's a mild panic in the fall air among Halloween fanatics following reports of a pumpkin shortage in the wake of Hurricane Irene. A story published online at Boston.com was the top food post on Tumblr as of 6:30 pm GMT Tuesday, September 20.
With a pithy headline that reads "Pumpkin shortfall is a ghoulish possibility," Tumblr users have been reblogging, liking or commenting on the Associated Press story that could threaten to dampen the Halloween holiday spirit.
Wholesale prices for jack-o'-lantern bases have doubled in the northeastern US after Hurricane Irene cut a swath of destruction across the region, destroying pumpkin patches in its wake, the story says.
Meanwhile, the other most popular Tumblr posts and food porn photos as of Tuesday include an aerial shot of pastry cookies and a cup of coffee; a cupcake tower and plate of bonbon-shaped sugar cookies iced in pretty pink pastels; a strawberry shortcake sandwich; and a recipe for teriyaki chicken, originally from Technicolor Kitchen.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...