Reports of a pumpkin shortage frighten food bloggers
Wednesday 21 September 2011
There's a mild panic in the fall air among Halloween fanatics following reports of a pumpkin shortage in the wake of Hurricane Irene. A story published online at Boston.com was the top food post on Tumblr as of 6:30 pm GMT Tuesday, September 20.
With a pithy headline that reads "Pumpkin shortfall is a ghoulish possibility," Tumblr users have been reblogging, liking or commenting on the Associated Press story that could threaten to dampen the Halloween holiday spirit.
Wholesale prices for jack-o'-lantern bases have doubled in the northeastern US after Hurricane Irene cut a swath of destruction across the region, destroying pumpkin patches in its wake, the story says.
Meanwhile, the other most popular Tumblr posts and food porn photos as of Tuesday include an aerial shot of pastry cookies and a cup of coffee; a cupcake tower and plate of bonbon-shaped sugar cookies iced in pretty pink pastels; a strawberry shortcake sandwich; and a recipe for teriyaki chicken, originally from Technicolor Kitchen.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...