Reports of a pumpkin shortage frighten food bloggers
Wednesday 21 September 2011
There's a mild panic in the fall air among Halloween fanatics following reports of a pumpkin shortage in the wake of Hurricane Irene. A story published online at Boston.com was the top food post on Tumblr as of 6:30 pm GMT Tuesday, September 20.
With a pithy headline that reads "Pumpkin shortfall is a ghoulish possibility," Tumblr users have been reblogging, liking or commenting on the Associated Press story that could threaten to dampen the Halloween holiday spirit.
Wholesale prices for jack-o'-lantern bases have doubled in the northeastern US after Hurricane Irene cut a swath of destruction across the region, destroying pumpkin patches in its wake, the story says.
Meanwhile, the other most popular Tumblr posts and food porn photos as of Tuesday include an aerial shot of pastry cookies and a cup of coffee; a cupcake tower and plate of bonbon-shaped sugar cookies iced in pretty pink pastels; a strawberry shortcake sandwich; and a recipe for teriyaki chicken, originally from Technicolor Kitchen.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale divorce: One of music industry’s most enduring couples announce split after 12 years of marriage
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Will Smith 'divorce': Actor forced to respond to tabloid rumours after 'condolence' messages
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...