Rose syrup Prosecco
Sunday 28 June 2009
This is a lovely summer aperitif – it looks elegant, tastes delicate and is a lovely way to begin a meal.
Prosecco is a great alternative to champagne – inexpensive, it lends itself to gentle flavourings such as rose, strawberry, melon or raspberry. This drink is best served well chilled.
Allow 375ml/13fl oz of Prosecco per glass
1 tsp rose syrup
A small crystallised rose petal
Start by chilling the champagne flutes thoroughly in the freezer – if you don't have space there, place them in your refrigerator instead, but leave them for a while longer.
Just before serving, place the rose petal in the bottom of the glass, pour over the rose syrup, very lightly stir and, slowly tilting the glass slightly, pour over the Prosecco.
Serve at once, the sugar content in the rose petal will cause the bubbles to rise prettily in the glass.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...