Say hola to the new burrito conquistadors
Monday 23 July 2012
Does Britain need any more fast-food joints? We're OK, thanks. But the news that US/Mexican-food chain Chipotle is on a European expansion drive (it currently has just three London stores and one in Paris and plans to open hundreds more), gives pause for thought.
Why? Well in the great fast-food-vs-the-world debate they've often seemed to be on the side of the angels. Despite some of its burritos (their speciality along with tacos) having 1,000 calories in them – and McDonald's being an early investor (it's since sold up) – they've also run ad campaigns highlighting the plight of small farmers and committed themselves to using only grass-fed meat.
So the benefit of the doubt may just be in order. Let's just hope they don't open any new restaurants in London during the Olympics – the store gives police in the US a 50 per cent reduction. With the Games' heavy security presence, it might cause a stampede.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...