Say hola to the new burrito conquistadors
Monday 23 July 2012
Does Britain need any more fast-food joints? We're OK, thanks. But the news that US/Mexican-food chain Chipotle is on a European expansion drive (it currently has just three London stores and one in Paris and plans to open hundreds more), gives pause for thought.
Why? Well in the great fast-food-vs-the-world debate they've often seemed to be on the side of the angels. Despite some of its burritos (their speciality along with tacos) having 1,000 calories in them – and McDonald's being an early investor (it's since sold up) – they've also run ad campaigns highlighting the plight of small farmers and committed themselves to using only grass-fed meat.
So the benefit of the doubt may just be in order. Let's just hope they don't open any new restaurants in London during the Olympics – the store gives police in the US a 50 per cent reduction. With the Games' heavy security presence, it might cause a stampede.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...