Second helpings: Budget Michelin dining
Sunday 24 May 2009
The Masons Arms
Knowstone, Devon, tel: 01398 341 231
While it looks like a lost-in-time, thatched 13th-century cottage, the dining is far more refined than trencherman's fare – yet a three-course dinner is just £29.95
63-64 Frith Street, London W1, tel: 020 7734 4545
Anthony Demetre combines dazzling skills, fierce seasonality, cheaper cuts and sustainable fish to produce a never boring, fairly priced menu. His three-course £15.50 lunch is a steal
The Stagg Inn
Titley, Herefordshire, tel: 01544 230 221
Steve Reynolds' locally sourced, carefully cooked food is worth a detour, given that it is priced more like a friendly country local (which it is) than a Michelin-starred restaurant
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...