Second helpings: Budget Michelin dining
The Masons Arms
Knowstone, Devon, tel: 01398 341 231
While it looks like a lost-in-time, thatched 13th-century cottage, the dining is far more refined than trencherman's fare – yet a three-course dinner is just £29.95
63-64 Frith Street, London W1, tel: 020 7734 4545
Anthony Demetre combines dazzling skills, fierce seasonality, cheaper cuts and sustainable fish to produce a never boring, fairly priced menu. His three-course £15.50 lunch is a steal
The Stagg Inn
Titley, Herefordshire, tel: 01544 230 221
Steve Reynolds' locally sourced, carefully cooked food is worth a detour, given that it is priced more like a friendly country local (which it is) than a Michelin-starred restaurant
Life & Style blogs
BBC journalist Justin Webb talks about his experiences of the advances in preventing heart attacks a...
Plus the Property Power 100, and the best day to sell your home
Nobel Peace prize winner Albert Schweitzer once quipped: “Happiness is nothing more than good health...
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Xbox 720 and PS4 go head to head: Speculation rife ahead of Microsoft launch - and rumour mill goes into overdrive
Masculinity in crisis? 'There is a battle going on inside us that is never discussed'
You Fitch! The case against Abercrombie
Privatised service 'puts patients at risk' with lack of out-of-hours GPs
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...