Second helpings: Budget Michelin dining
Sunday 24 May 2009
The Masons Arms
Knowstone, Devon, tel: 01398 341 231
While it looks like a lost-in-time, thatched 13th-century cottage, the dining is far more refined than trencherman's fare – yet a three-course dinner is just £29.95
63-64 Frith Street, London W1, tel: 020 7734 4545
Anthony Demetre combines dazzling skills, fierce seasonality, cheaper cuts and sustainable fish to produce a never boring, fairly priced menu. His three-course £15.50 lunch is a steal
The Stagg Inn
Titley, Herefordshire, tel: 01544 230 221
Steve Reynolds' locally sourced, carefully cooked food is worth a detour, given that it is priced more like a friendly country local (which it is) than a Michelin-starred restaurant
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...