Second helpings: Budget Michelin dining
Sunday 24 May 2009
The Masons Arms
Knowstone, Devon, tel: 01398 341 231
While it looks like a lost-in-time, thatched 13th-century cottage, the dining is far more refined than trencherman's fare – yet a three-course dinner is just £29.95
63-64 Frith Street, London W1, tel: 020 7734 4545
Anthony Demetre combines dazzling skills, fierce seasonality, cheaper cuts and sustainable fish to produce a never boring, fairly priced menu. His three-course £15.50 lunch is a steal
The Stagg Inn
Titley, Herefordshire, tel: 01544 230 221
Steve Reynolds' locally sourced, carefully cooked food is worth a detour, given that it is priced more like a friendly country local (which it is) than a Michelin-starred restaurant
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...