Second helpings: Budget Michelin dining
Sunday 24 May 2009
The Masons Arms
Knowstone, Devon, tel: 01398 341 231
While it looks like a lost-in-time, thatched 13th-century cottage, the dining is far more refined than trencherman's fare – yet a three-course dinner is just £29.95
63-64 Frith Street, London W1, tel: 020 7734 4545
Anthony Demetre combines dazzling skills, fierce seasonality, cheaper cuts and sustainable fish to produce a never boring, fairly priced menu. His three-course £15.50 lunch is a steal
The Stagg Inn
Titley, Herefordshire, tel: 01544 230 221
Steve Reynolds' locally sourced, carefully cooked food is worth a detour, given that it is priced more like a friendly country local (which it is) than a Michelin-starred restaurant
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...