The crunch bunch: Fine fish, for less
Sunday 24 August 2008
The Dolphin Inn
12 Rock-a-Nore Road, Hastings, East Sussex, tel: 01424 431 197
As reviewed here recently, this popular Hastings boozer serves up a two-course lunch featuring fish straight off the boats that morning for just £6. Beat that
The Fish Club
189 St John's Hill, London SW11, tel: 020 7978 7115
A sophisticated bistro in which everything from a prawn cocktail to classic fish and chips is available to eat in or take home. Dinner for two with wine is about £45
The Seafood Restaurant
The Scores, Bruce Embankment, St Andrews, Fife, tel: 01334 479 475
This eye-catching restaurant housed in a sleek glass box perched above rockpools is known for consistently good seafood. Lunch is good value: £22 for two courses
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...