The crunch bunch: Fine fish, for less
Sunday 24 August 2008
The Dolphin Inn
12 Rock-a-Nore Road, Hastings, East Sussex, tel: 01424 431 197
As reviewed here recently, this popular Hastings boozer serves up a two-course lunch featuring fish straight off the boats that morning for just £6. Beat that
The Fish Club
189 St John's Hill, London SW11, tel: 020 7978 7115
A sophisticated bistro in which everything from a prawn cocktail to classic fish and chips is available to eat in or take home. Dinner for two with wine is about £45
The Seafood Restaurant
The Scores, Bruce Embankment, St Andrews, Fife, tel: 01334 479 475
This eye-catching restaurant housed in a sleek glass box perched above rockpools is known for consistently good seafood. Lunch is good value: £22 for two courses
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...