The crunch bunch: More on-site bakeries
Sunday 08 March 2009
At The Chapel
High Street, Bruton, Somerset, tel: 01749 814 070
The former Café Med owner Catherine Butler has turned her own home – a former 17th-century chapel – into a café, restaurant, bakery and wine store
Le Pain Quotidien
72-75 Marylebone High Street, London W1, tel: 020 7486 6154
The focus at this global bakery/café chain is its hand-made, organic sourdough bread. Take it home, or stay and eat hearty tartines, salads, soups and rustic cakes
V-Shed, Canons Way, Bristol, tel: 0117 943 1200
Barney Haughton has converted this warehouse into an eco-warrior of a deli/ brasserie/restaurant/bakery/cooking school, with an emphasis on local produce.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...