The crunch bunch: More on-site bakeries
Sunday 08 March 2009
At The Chapel
High Street, Bruton, Somerset, tel: 01749 814 070
The former Café Med owner Catherine Butler has turned her own home – a former 17th-century chapel – into a café, restaurant, bakery and wine store
Le Pain Quotidien
72-75 Marylebone High Street, London W1, tel: 020 7486 6154
The focus at this global bakery/café chain is its hand-made, organic sourdough bread. Take it home, or stay and eat hearty tartines, salads, soups and rustic cakes
V-Shed, Canons Way, Bristol, tel: 0117 943 1200
Barney Haughton has converted this warehouse into an eco-warrior of a deli/ brasserie/restaurant/bakery/cooking school, with an emphasis on local produce.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...