The crunch bunch: More Pakistani for less
Sunday 07 September 2008
Pitts Cottage, High Street, Westerham, Kent, tel: 01959 562 125
The ex-country retreat of William Pitt is an unlikely setting for an award-winning Pakistani restaurant. Try the mid-week special deal of £12.95 for two courses
219 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex, tel: 020 8868 0900
A friendly, family-run local that does what it does – masala, kebabs, and a great steamed chicken – very well and very reasonably. Dinner for two is £25
The Lahore Kebab House
2 Umberston Street, London E1, tel: 020 7488 2551
Recommended by my Pakistani neighbour: this basic but vast kebab house is great for a no-frills spicy feast for about £15 a head
Life & Style blogs
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...