The crunch bunch: More Pakistani for less
Sunday 07 September 2008
Pitts Cottage, High Street, Westerham, Kent, tel: 01959 562 125
The ex-country retreat of William Pitt is an unlikely setting for an award-winning Pakistani restaurant. Try the mid-week special deal of £12.95 for two courses
219 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex, tel: 020 8868 0900
A friendly, family-run local that does what it does – masala, kebabs, and a great steamed chicken – very well and very reasonably. Dinner for two is £25
The Lahore Kebab House
2 Umberston Street, London E1, tel: 020 7488 2551
Recommended by my Pakistani neighbour: this basic but vast kebab house is great for a no-frills spicy feast for about £15 a head
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...