The crunch bunch: More Pakistani for less
Sunday 07 September 2008
Pitts Cottage, High Street, Westerham, Kent, tel: 01959 562 125
The ex-country retreat of William Pitt is an unlikely setting for an award-winning Pakistani restaurant. Try the mid-week special deal of £12.95 for two courses
219 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex, tel: 020 8868 0900
A friendly, family-run local that does what it does – masala, kebabs, and a great steamed chicken – very well and very reasonably. Dinner for two is £25
The Lahore Kebab House
2 Umberston Street, London E1, tel: 020 7488 2551
Recommended by my Pakistani neighbour: this basic but vast kebab house is great for a no-frills spicy feast for about £15 a head
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...