The crunch bunch: More Pakistani for less
Sunday 07 September 2008
Pitts Cottage, High Street, Westerham, Kent, tel: 01959 562 125
The ex-country retreat of William Pitt is an unlikely setting for an award-winning Pakistani restaurant. Try the mid-week special deal of £12.95 for two courses
219 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex, tel: 020 8868 0900
A friendly, family-run local that does what it does – masala, kebabs, and a great steamed chicken – very well and very reasonably. Dinner for two is £25
The Lahore Kebab House
2 Umberston Street, London E1, tel: 020 7488 2551
Recommended by my Pakistani neighbour: this basic but vast kebab house is great for a no-frills spicy feast for about £15 a head
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...