The crunch bunch: Steak on a budget
Thursday 08 January 2009
Bill's Produce Store
The Depot, 100 North Road, Brighton, tel: 01273 692 894
The people who haunt this deli/café can be divided into two groups: those here for the fabulous cakes; and those here for the £8.75 peppered-steak focaccia sandwich
12 Barclay Terrace, Edinburgh, tel: 0131 229 1394
Geoff and Kate Ness's friendly American-style restaurant is famous for its prime Scottish steaks. Rump with coleslaw and chips or buttered potatoes is just £10.95
Hix Oyster & Chop House
36-37 Greenhill Rents, Cowcross Street, London EC1, tel: 020 7017 1930
A full-flavoured hanger steak served with a halved, stuffed marrowbone is £14.90, although some have been known to drop £63 on the porterhouse for two
Read 'Eat', Terry Durack's blog, at independent.co.uk/eat
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...