Revive leftovers with tips from around the world and an app
Thursday 14 October 2010
According to the October edition of the ezine DivineCaroline, there are some simple ways to create exotic, healthier dishes with a few ingredients. Here are some tips from around the world to try.
- Thailand: hot chili peppers
- Malaysia: turmeric
- Gambia: peanuts in place of animal protein
- Brazil: rice and beans
- Asia and Greece: make meat the side dish
- Hungary: pickled vegetables (cabbage, tomatoes, bell peppers)
- The Netherlands: raw herring
Each of the above ingredients will not only keep your meals more interesting but also offer some added healthy perks like speeding up your metabolism, preventing fat deposits and stabilizing blood sugar.
Additionally, a new app for the iPhone called Foodmatic 1.0 (€0.79) was released on October 8 to help you put ingredients lurking in your pantry or fridge to good use.
This app won't warn you if you put in too many flavors but it will let you know what is "kinda tasty/tasty/delicious," and will suggest ingredients. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foodmatic/id395461832?mt=8
However, it is unclear how the app deciphers your personal taste-o-meter.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...