Revive leftovers with tips from around the world and an app
Thursday 14 October 2010
According to the October edition of the ezine DivineCaroline, there are some simple ways to create exotic, healthier dishes with a few ingredients. Here are some tips from around the world to try.
- Thailand: hot chili peppers
- Malaysia: turmeric
- Gambia: peanuts in place of animal protein
- Brazil: rice and beans
- Asia and Greece: make meat the side dish
- Hungary: pickled vegetables (cabbage, tomatoes, bell peppers)
- The Netherlands: raw herring
Each of the above ingredients will not only keep your meals more interesting but also offer some added healthy perks like speeding up your metabolism, preventing fat deposits and stabilizing blood sugar.
Additionally, a new app for the iPhone called Foodmatic 1.0 (€0.79) was released on October 8 to help you put ingredients lurking in your pantry or fridge to good use.
This app won't warn you if you put in too many flavors but it will let you know what is "kinda tasty/tasty/delicious," and will suggest ingredients. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foodmatic/id395461832?mt=8
However, it is unclear how the app deciphers your personal taste-o-meter.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...