Sauternes 2009 excites "Queen of Wine"
Tuesday 30 March 2010
Jancis Robinson, the first female to receive a Master of Wine, renowned British author who is oftenreferred to as the "Queen of Wine," has been tweeting her thoughts on Sauternes 2009 during En Primeur Bordeaux week, annual wine futures event.
On March 29, Robinson tweets, "Just had my first mouthful of 09 Sauternes. Delicious!! Spring sunshine and scents add to the pleasure but don't inflate scores."
And two hours later, "Sauternes 09? Mmmmm. Can this please be the vintage that reminds pple how good these wines are?"
Charlie Matthews, who develops tailored Bordeaux tours for Bordeaux Uncorked, concurred by tweeting, "I can confirm that 2009 Sauternes is liquid gold."
And added "according to Bérénice Lurton at Ch Climens, 2009 vintage in Sauternes is a cross between 2001 and 2007."
Stay current with both Jancis Robinson and Charlie Matters via twitter: #jancisrobinson and #bordeauxuncorkd respectively.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...