Sauternes 2009 excites "Queen of Wine"
Tuesday 30 March 2010
Jancis Robinson, the first female to receive a Master of Wine, renowned British author who is oftenreferred to as the "Queen of Wine," has been tweeting her thoughts on Sauternes 2009 during En Primeur Bordeaux week, annual wine futures event.
On March 29, Robinson tweets, "Just had my first mouthful of 09 Sauternes. Delicious!! Spring sunshine and scents add to the pleasure but don't inflate scores."
And two hours later, "Sauternes 09? Mmmmm. Can this please be the vintage that reminds pple how good these wines are?"
Charlie Matthews, who develops tailored Bordeaux tours for Bordeaux Uncorked, concurred by tweeting, "I can confirm that 2009 Sauternes is liquid gold."
And added "according to Bérénice Lurton at Ch Climens, 2009 vintage in Sauternes is a cross between 2001 and 2007."
Stay current with both Jancis Robinson and Charlie Matters via twitter: #jancisrobinson and #bordeauxuncorkd respectively.
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...