See 15 new foods from around the world awarded for innovation
Friday 22 October 2010
The leading international food and beverage show SIAL 2010 ended on October 21 in Paris and honored 15 new food and beverage products with its Trend & Innovation Award.
- Ricewich, Sushi Ran, The Netherlands: ready-to-eat fried chicken, shrimp or vegetables sandwiched in seasoned rice
- Croc Légumes, Pâtisserie des Flandres, France: high-fiber, low-cal waffles made with beets/shallots and carrots/cumin
- Cristaux d'Huiles Essentielles, Florisens, France: organic herb and spice essential oils for cooking
- Perlage de Truffe, Tartiflanghe, Italy: black truffle juice pearls that resemble caviar
- Le Prêt à Cuire, Saveurs Cuisinées, France: prepared marinades with a host of flavors including Mexican, Kebab, Chardonnay and Barbecue
- Honeyed Preserve, Helios, Spain: all-natural strawberry, peach, and orange preserves blended with honey
- La Cuisine au miel - Cuisimiel, Les Ruchers du Gue, France: a special blend of honey and spices to be used with meats, fish, sweets or to top a salad
- Maxi Croque Micro-ondable, Claude Léger, France: a microwaveable Croque-Monsieur, a French ham and cheese sandwich, that claims crunch remains intact
- -18°, Daregal, France: a line of frozen supplements promoting slimness, vitality, beauty, digestion, and relaxation
- Simple Fruit Squeezable Jam, Simple Fruit, Belberry Preserves, Belgium: apricot, raspberry and strawberry jams packaged like syrup for easy use
- Récréasun, Triballat Noyal, France: a new way to top your yogurt with packaged crunchy bits that range from biscuits and citruses to tangy cherries and almonds
- Tatratea Liqueur, Karloff, Slovak Republic: Kahlua for "today" with strengths varying from 32-72% and natural flavors like Citrus, White Tea & Peach, Original Black Tea, and Forest Fruits.
- Calicocktail by Roy René, France: a savory marzipan treat with flavors like dried tomatoes, ratatouille and black olives.
- Stryrian Pumpkin Seed Oil, WolfNaturProdukte, Austria: pure pumpkin seed oil known as "green gold" in Styria, Austria.
- Les Aristocades, Biscuiterie de Provence, France: biscuits that are unusually sweet or savory with flavors like chocolate and chili peppers, and bell peppers and a mix of peppercorns.
French innovation seems to have beat out the global competition. Perhaps with the first SIAL Middle East taking place November 22-24 in Abu Dhabi, UAE new foods and innovations that reach beyond European companies will rise to the top.
SIAL is a professional global marketplace that focuses on innovation and trends in the food industry every two years. The first SIAL took place in Paris, France 46 years ago, and the event continues to introduce cutting-edge products from over 185 nations. This year's program will introduce over 350 new products to the Middle East. Industry professionals are required to pre-register for their free pass.
Life & Style blogs
Most women have lived out their sexual fantasies, survey shows
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
International abortion laws: The six nations where it is still illegal to have an abortion
Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 2 Qataris pledge to expand Canary Wharf
- 3 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...