Starbucks launches Android app
Wednesday 15 June 2011
The green and white coffee chain launched an Android version of its app Wednesday that will allow more customers in the US to pay for their morning coffee with their smartphone.
Following on the heels of its iPhone app, Starbucks for Android will allow smartphone users to pay with their phone, manage their card account, reload their balance and, when jonesing for a coffee, locate their nearest Starbucks location.
In addition to the 6,800 standalone locations, customers will also be able to use the services at 2,000 Target and Safeway stores across the US which house Starbucks counters.
The My Coffee Card works by tapping the barcode button and scanning the generated barcode on the smartphone screen. The balance is automatically debited from the virtual Starbucks card. A loyalty scheme on the card allows customers to earn reward points for every purchase, which are good for free drinks and other perks.
Social media hounds can also use the app to check-in on Foursquare.
To download My Coffee Card and Find a Starbucks on Android, visit https://market.android.com/
The itunes app can be found at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starbucks-card-mobile/id331379009?mt=8.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...