Summer at the marina
What’s your idea of the perfect beer garden? Is it beside the sea or in the heart of the city or countryside? Help us find the best and you could win a VIP trip for two to Ibiza
Thursday 30 June 2011
Summer is in full swing and these endless days are perfect for relaxing with friends and having a beer in the open air. Pub and beer expert Jane Peyton has reached the second stop on her tour of England, hunting for brilliant beer gardens, and over the next few weeks she will be sharing her top tips for the most enticing al fresco spots in which to sit and cool down with a glass of San Miguel, Spain’s leading quality lager.
Join the quest to find Britain’s ultimate outdoor drinking spaces by adding your favourite to the San Miguel Summer Shortlist and you will be in with a chance to win an unforgettable VIP trip to Ibiza for you and a friend.
Thirsty yet? Then head to Ipswich to test Jane’s suggestion for the Summer Shortlist. Located in a 17th century merchant’s house replete with oak beams, Isaac’s on the Quay is a social hub full of character and with four outdoor areas. Summer means barbeques as well as beer, so head to the side terrace for a grill-up when your stomach starts rumbling. Or if you are in the mood for sports then the televisions placed around the large paved courtyard mean you won’t miss a shot.
For something more tranquil, there’s a small garden adorned with plants and flowers or, if yachts are your thing, the patio overlooking the marina is a great place.
Boats, barbeque and beer. What could be better?
Isaac's on the Quay
“You feel as if you could be enjoying a drink anywhere in Europe” - Anthony Hearsum, a regular at Isaac’s.
- 7 Wherry Quay, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1AS
- Tel: 01473 259952
- Sun-Thurs 11.30am-11pm; Fri-Sat 11.30am – 12am
- Food: Served from noon to 6pm. Summer barbeque from 6pm.
- Some parts of the building were built in the 15th century
Win a VIP trip to Ibiza
Summer is here and to celebrate San Miguel is on a mission to find Britain’s best beer gardens. But we also want to hear from you. Simply tell us about your favourite outdoor drinking spot and you could win an unforgettable VIP trip for two to Ibiza. To get involved, join us on Facebook here and you can start dreaming about that island in the sun.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...