Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Gwyneth Paltrow, an American actress, food lover and blogger, posted on her blog GOOP on October 7 her top food blogs. Here are her favorites and some new cookbook insights to help you find your inner chef.
Some of the blogs on GOOP's list are award-winning and recognized on other foodie lists including the Bloggies, Foodbuzz, Saveur, Forbes.com and TimesOnline.
- Smitten Kitchen and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (Knopf 2012) promises "shiny pages, hard covers and lay-flat binding" plus "...80 to 100 new smittenkitchen.com recipes."
- Matt Bites and Good Bite's Weeknight Meals: Delicious Made Easy (Wiley & Sons 2011) will include Matt Armendariz's photographs plus a selection of "Good Bite recipes from bloggers Steamy Kitchen, White On Rice Couple and Simply Recipes. http://mattbites.com/
- What Katie Ate plus a new Christmas edition e-zine (December) to include Christmas recipes from around the world. http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
- Orangette's blogger Molly Wizenberg also has a New York Times best-selling book, A Homemade Life ($25/€18), and podcast show, Spilled Milk. http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/
- David Lebovitz, an American baker and blogger living in Paris, has published numerous books including his latest Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes ($35/€25.20). http://www.davidlebovitz.com/
Other blogs on the list include:
- Stay at Stove Dad http://www.stayatstovedad.com/
- TasteSpotting http://www.tastespotting.com/
- cannelle et vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
- Oh Joy! Eats http://www.ohjoyeats.com/
- Pictures and Pancakes http://www.picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/
Also, Paltrow is working on her own cookbook, My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness (Grand Central Life & Style April 2011, $30/€21.60).
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Yves Saint Laurent ad banned for featuring 'unhealthily underweight' model
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 2 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who left house after argument with her parents
- 3 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 5 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...