Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Gwyneth Paltrow, an American actress, food lover and blogger, posted on her blog GOOP on October 7 her top food blogs. Here are her favorites and some new cookbook insights to help you find your inner chef.
Some of the blogs on GOOP's list are award-winning and recognized on other foodie lists including the Bloggies, Foodbuzz, Saveur, Forbes.com and TimesOnline.
- Smitten Kitchen and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (Knopf 2012) promises "shiny pages, hard covers and lay-flat binding" plus "...80 to 100 new smittenkitchen.com recipes."
- Matt Bites and Good Bite's Weeknight Meals: Delicious Made Easy (Wiley & Sons 2011) will include Matt Armendariz's photographs plus a selection of "Good Bite recipes from bloggers Steamy Kitchen, White On Rice Couple and Simply Recipes. http://mattbites.com/
- What Katie Ate plus a new Christmas edition e-zine (December) to include Christmas recipes from around the world. http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
- Orangette's blogger Molly Wizenberg also has a New York Times best-selling book, A Homemade Life ($25/€18), and podcast show, Spilled Milk. http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/
- David Lebovitz, an American baker and blogger living in Paris, has published numerous books including his latest Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes ($35/€25.20). http://www.davidlebovitz.com/
Other blogs on the list include:
- Stay at Stove Dad http://www.stayatstovedad.com/
- TasteSpotting http://www.tastespotting.com/
- cannelle et vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
- Oh Joy! Eats http://www.ohjoyeats.com/
- Pictures and Pancakes http://www.picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/
Also, Paltrow is working on her own cookbook, My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness (Grand Central Life & Style April 2011, $30/€21.60).
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
NHS property sale could raise £7.5bn to help pay off its growing deficit and free up space for housing
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Yorkshire man to win £10,000 off a £1 bet placed six years ago if Dan Jarvis becomes Labour Party leader
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 5 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...