Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Gwyneth Paltrow, an American actress, food lover and blogger, posted on her blog GOOP on October 7 her top food blogs. Here are her favorites and some new cookbook insights to help you find your inner chef.
Some of the blogs on GOOP's list are award-winning and recognized on other foodie lists including the Bloggies, Foodbuzz, Saveur, Forbes.com and TimesOnline.
- Smitten Kitchen and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (Knopf 2012) promises "shiny pages, hard covers and lay-flat binding" plus "...80 to 100 new smittenkitchen.com recipes."
- Matt Bites and Good Bite's Weeknight Meals: Delicious Made Easy (Wiley & Sons 2011) will include Matt Armendariz's photographs plus a selection of "Good Bite recipes from bloggers Steamy Kitchen, White On Rice Couple and Simply Recipes. http://mattbites.com/
- What Katie Ate plus a new Christmas edition e-zine (December) to include Christmas recipes from around the world. http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
- Orangette's blogger Molly Wizenberg also has a New York Times best-selling book, A Homemade Life ($25/€18), and podcast show, Spilled Milk. http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/
- David Lebovitz, an American baker and blogger living in Paris, has published numerous books including his latest Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes ($35/€25.20). http://www.davidlebovitz.com/
Other blogs on the list include:
- Stay at Stove Dad http://www.stayatstovedad.com/
- TasteSpotting http://www.tastespotting.com/
- cannelle et vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
- Oh Joy! Eats http://www.ohjoyeats.com/
- Pictures and Pancakes http://www.picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/
Also, Paltrow is working on her own cookbook, My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness (Grand Central Life & Style April 2011, $30/€21.60).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...