Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Gwyneth Paltrow, an American actress, food lover and blogger, posted on her blog GOOP on October 7 her top food blogs. Here are her favorites and some new cookbook insights to help you find your inner chef.
Some of the blogs on GOOP's list are award-winning and recognized on other foodie lists including the Bloggies, Foodbuzz, Saveur, Forbes.com and TimesOnline.
- Smitten Kitchen and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (Knopf 2012) promises "shiny pages, hard covers and lay-flat binding" plus "...80 to 100 new smittenkitchen.com recipes."
- Matt Bites and Good Bite's Weeknight Meals: Delicious Made Easy (Wiley & Sons 2011) will include Matt Armendariz's photographs plus a selection of "Good Bite recipes from bloggers Steamy Kitchen, White On Rice Couple and Simply Recipes. http://mattbites.com/
- What Katie Ate plus a new Christmas edition e-zine (December) to include Christmas recipes from around the world. http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
- Orangette's blogger Molly Wizenberg also has a New York Times best-selling book, A Homemade Life ($25/€18), and podcast show, Spilled Milk. http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/
- David Lebovitz, an American baker and blogger living in Paris, has published numerous books including his latest Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes ($35/€25.20). http://www.davidlebovitz.com/
Other blogs on the list include:
- Stay at Stove Dad http://www.stayatstovedad.com/
- TasteSpotting http://www.tastespotting.com/
- cannelle et vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
- Oh Joy! Eats http://www.ohjoyeats.com/
- Pictures and Pancakes http://www.picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/
Also, Paltrow is working on her own cookbook, My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness (Grand Central Life & Style April 2011, $30/€21.60).
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
MH17 crash: Fake Facebook pages for young victims created by scammers to exploit relatives' grief and global interest
How much independence should children have?
Raw milk should be sold in vending machines, says food standards body
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 Laurie Penny: Feminist author subjected to 'vile sexist and anti-Semitic abuse' over her book
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£70000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Director EME - Northampton / No...