Ten top cooking blogs and soon-to-be books according to celebrity foodie
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Gwyneth Paltrow, an American actress, food lover and blogger, posted on her blog GOOP on October 7 her top food blogs. Here are her favorites and some new cookbook insights to help you find your inner chef.
Some of the blogs on GOOP's list are award-winning and recognized on other foodie lists including the Bloggies, Foodbuzz, Saveur, Forbes.com and TimesOnline.
- Smitten Kitchen and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (Knopf 2012) promises "shiny pages, hard covers and lay-flat binding" plus "...80 to 100 new smittenkitchen.com recipes."
- Matt Bites and Good Bite's Weeknight Meals: Delicious Made Easy (Wiley & Sons 2011) will include Matt Armendariz's photographs plus a selection of "Good Bite recipes from bloggers Steamy Kitchen, White On Rice Couple and Simply Recipes. http://mattbites.com/
- What Katie Ate plus a new Christmas edition e-zine (December) to include Christmas recipes from around the world. http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
- Orangette's blogger Molly Wizenberg also has a New York Times best-selling book, A Homemade Life ($25/€18), and podcast show, Spilled Milk. http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/
- David Lebovitz, an American baker and blogger living in Paris, has published numerous books including his latest Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes ($35/€25.20). http://www.davidlebovitz.com/
Other blogs on the list include:
- Stay at Stove Dad http://www.stayatstovedad.com/
- TasteSpotting http://www.tastespotting.com/
- cannelle et vanille http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
- Oh Joy! Eats http://www.ohjoyeats.com/
- Pictures and Pancakes http://www.picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/
Also, Paltrow is working on her own cookbook, My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness (Grand Central Life & Style April 2011, $30/€21.60).
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 5 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...