The most popular food-related search term fires up Google
Tuesday 16 August 2011
Despite the onset of shorter days and signs of fall lurking in the Northern hemisphere, the most popular food-related product search on Google over the last week is the culinary equivalent of summer - the grill.
According to Google Insights, as of August 16 at 1:30 p.m. GMT, the most common search term in the Food and Drinks category worldwide for the past seven days was "grill," followed by the terms "wine," "food," "coffee" and "juicer."
Topping the Google search hits for grill is the barbecue brand Weber, which boasts of its new Cadillac of barbecues this season, the Summit S-670, a top-of-the-line machine with a high heat searing station, tuck-away rotisserie system, and smoker box and burner.
"Flavorizer bars" are also angled at a pitch to direct juices down and away from the burners to prevent flare-ups.
Here's a look at the top 10 food-related product searches for the past seven days, worldwide.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
iJobs Food & Drink
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...
£30K- £35K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...