This week's reds and whites from around the world
Wednesday 24 February 2010
Various blogs and reputable publications highlight wines to help consumers ranging from novices to connoisseurs navigate the immense world of wine. The selection this week includes wines from Australia, France, Switzerland and New Zealand, including aging Riesling, Gamay, a white Samur and even an affordable 2001 from Château Branaire-Ducru.
Here are some of the recommendations from WineWeek.com.au, Australia's top weekly wine podcast; Wine Spectator, wine rating guide; WineDoctor.com, a wine blog that tastes 100-200 wines per month to select weekly bests; and The Grand Crew, a grassroots community wine blog that shares select reviews with Relaxnews.
Ingoldby Shiraz 2008 AU$13-17 (€10)
Sorrenberg Gamay 2008 AU$37-40 (€26)
Château Branaire-Ducru, Saint Julien Grand Cru Classé 2001 €35
Leo Buring Leonay High Eden 2008 AU$38-40 (€26)
Domaine des Roches Neuves (Thierry Germain) Saumur L'Insolite 2007 £16 (€18)
SILENI, Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough Cellar Selection 2009 $13 (€9.50)
Domaine la Colombe "Le Pinot Gris Réserve" 2007 €17
Sources and more information on the selections:
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...