Various blogs and reputable publications highlight wines to help consumers -whether novices or connoisseurs - navigate the immense world of wine. The selection this week includes a number of Australian wines leading with the funky Some Young Punks' Passion Has Red Lips 2008 vintage as well as French, German and Australian whites including Rieslings, Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc.
Here are some of the recommendations from WineWeek.com.au, Australia's top weekly wine podcast; Wine Spectator, wine rating guide; Decanter, prestigious wine publication; theWineDoctor.com, a wine blog with weekly tastes and reviews; and The Grand Crew, a grassroots community wine blog that shares select reviews with Relaxnews.
- 2007 Ferngrove, Shiraz, Frankland River, Western Australia £9.50 (€10)
- Cain Vineyard "NV4 Cain Cuvée" Napa Valley, United States €30
- 2008 Some Young Punks, Passion Has Red Lips, Clare Valley, Australia: AU$22-24 (€15-16)
- 2008 Dr Bürklin-Wolf, Riesling Trocken, Pfalz, Germany: £11.75 (€12.25)
- 2008 Le Faux Frog Chardonnay Vin de Pays d'Oc, France $9 (€6.70)
- 2000 Savennières Clos de Coulaine, Chateau Pierre-Bise, Loire Valley, France
- 2008 Plukett Fowles Stone Dwellers Riesling, Australia: AU$20-23 (€13.60-15.60)