This week's top five bars
Friday 15 July 2011
This spacious and acclaimed Islington gastro pub is tucked away from the hubbub of Upper Street. There’s a comprehensive lunch menu, and Tapas or A La Carte menus are available till late.
51 Liverpool Street, Islington, London N1 0RJ; 020 7278 8433;
The Pilgrim Pub
A great English Pub offering the ultimate sports experience. Multiple broadcasts on six huge plasmas, one outdoors. Cracking live acoustic sets on Fridays. Awesome gourmet burgers to go with your lager.
247 Kennington Lane, London SE11 5QU; 020 7582 7585; www.thepilgrimpub.com
Cat and Mutton
Based on trendy Broadway Market, this chic gastropub attracts crowds of Hackney’s coolest cats. Meals served seven days a week with Brunch on Saturdays, when the vibrant food market is in full swing.
76 Broadway Market, London E8 4QJ; 020 7254 5599; www.catandmutton.com
Pub on the Park
Perched on the edge of London Fields, patrons of this cavernous pub can enjoy a pint on the outdoor terrace while viewing the latest sporting event on one of three large screens. Good pub food available.
19 Martello Street, London Fields, London E8 3PE; 0207 923 3398; www.pubonthepark.com
A quirky, relaxed, indy-rock music pub close to Chalk Farm tube and over the road from the Roundhouse. For a lively night of outlandish dancing to DJs or great live music, this is the place to be seen. Traditional pub grub available.
2 Haverstock Hill, Camden, London NW3 2BL; 020 7485 2659; www.camdenenterprise.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...