Top ten best-value wines from Italy
Decanter, a prestigious wine resource, just released its selection of the top ten best and most affordable Italian whites and reds ranging from €8-21.
The varietals range "from the local Fiano grape to classic Barbera d'Alba" with bottles from Piedmont to Sicily.
Here are the wines ranked by price from low to high:
2009 Lunate, Fiano, ICT Sicilia, Sicily
2007 Poderi Colla, Barbera d'Asti, Piedmont
2007 Alpha Zeta, R, Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso, Veneto
2008 Cantina Mesa, Primo Scuro, IGT Isola dei Nuraghi, Sardinia
2008 Negro Angelo & Figli, Roero Arneis, Piedmont
2008 Feudi di San Gregorio, Greco di Tufo, Campania
2007 Da Vinci, Chianti Classico, Tuscany
2006 Rinascita de Riseccoli, Tuscany
2007 Poggio Al Tesoro, Solosole, Vermentino, IGT Toscana, Tuscany
2006 Renato Corino, Vigna Pozzo, Barbera d'Alba, Piedmont
For tasting notes and more information, go to: http://www.decanter.com/recommendations/subrecommendation.php?rid=671&sid=1935
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The 10 Best new smartphones
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Uncooked curry leaves caused mass outbreak of salmonella in Newcastle, say health officials
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...