Top vegetarian food products revealed
Tuesday 12 October 2010
In the October edition of the magazine
Vegetarian Times (
VT), the best of 2010 food and drink products were awarded in 30 distinct categories ranging from frozen entrées and "no-moo milks" to enlightened beverages.
VT first nominated the award-winning products for the 2010 Foodie Awards and then readers selected their favorites from 114 products by casting over 100,000 votes.
Here is an inside look at some of the top products and brands:
- Nuts & Seeds: Nut Land Berries & Cherries Crunch
- Frozen Pizzas: Kashi Original Crust Mediterranean Pizza
- Enlightened Beverages: IZZE esque Sparkling Mandarin
- Organic, Fair-Trade Bagged Teas: Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
- Crackers: Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Crackers
- Jams & Fruit Spreads: Eden Organic Apple Cherry Butter
- Chips: Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- No-Moo Milks: Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened
- Rice & Quinoa: Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- Frozen Desserts: Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto
- Cereals: Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Banana Walnut Cereal
- Quick Sauces: Monique's Rustic Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Frozen Entrées: Amy's Rice Macaroni with Non-Dairy Cheeze
Many of the products awarded follow suit with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) "mega-trends" for new product development that include functional natural foods, weight management foods, and all things free of preservatives, additives, gluten and lactose.
If you would like to see the complete list and all the runners-up, visit http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/960 (or at http://www.izze.com/2010/10/01/vegetarian-times-2010-foodie-award/ and click on "see more here PDF" or pick up a copy of the October print edition of VT.
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 2 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 3 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 4 Ryan Gosling posts tribute to 'Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal' creator Ryan McHenry
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...