Top vegetarian food products revealed
Tuesday 12 October 2010
In the October edition of the magazine
Vegetarian Times (
VT), the best of 2010 food and drink products were awarded in 30 distinct categories ranging from frozen entrées and "no-moo milks" to enlightened beverages.
VT first nominated the award-winning products for the 2010 Foodie Awards and then readers selected their favorites from 114 products by casting over 100,000 votes.
Here is an inside look at some of the top products and brands:
- Nuts & Seeds: Nut Land Berries & Cherries Crunch
- Frozen Pizzas: Kashi Original Crust Mediterranean Pizza
- Enlightened Beverages: IZZE esque Sparkling Mandarin
- Organic, Fair-Trade Bagged Teas: Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
- Crackers: Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Crackers
- Jams & Fruit Spreads: Eden Organic Apple Cherry Butter
- Chips: Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- No-Moo Milks: Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened
- Rice & Quinoa: Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- Frozen Desserts: Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto
- Cereals: Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Banana Walnut Cereal
- Quick Sauces: Monique's Rustic Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Frozen Entrées: Amy's Rice Macaroni with Non-Dairy Cheeze
Many of the products awarded follow suit with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) "mega-trends" for new product development that include functional natural foods, weight management foods, and all things free of preservatives, additives, gluten and lactose.
If you would like to see the complete list and all the runners-up, visit http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/960 (or at http://www.izze.com/2010/10/01/vegetarian-times-2010-foodie-award/ and click on "see more here PDF" or pick up a copy of the October print edition of VT.
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...