Top vegetarian food products revealed
Tuesday 12 October 2010
In the October edition of the magazine
Vegetarian Times (
VT), the best of 2010 food and drink products were awarded in 30 distinct categories ranging from frozen entrées and "no-moo milks" to enlightened beverages.
VT first nominated the award-winning products for the 2010 Foodie Awards and then readers selected their favorites from 114 products by casting over 100,000 votes.
Here is an inside look at some of the top products and brands:
- Nuts & Seeds: Nut Land Berries & Cherries Crunch
- Frozen Pizzas: Kashi Original Crust Mediterranean Pizza
- Enlightened Beverages: IZZE esque Sparkling Mandarin
- Organic, Fair-Trade Bagged Teas: Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
- Crackers: Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Crackers
- Jams & Fruit Spreads: Eden Organic Apple Cherry Butter
- Chips: Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- No-Moo Milks: Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened
- Rice & Quinoa: Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- Frozen Desserts: Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto
- Cereals: Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Banana Walnut Cereal
- Quick Sauces: Monique's Rustic Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Frozen Entrées: Amy's Rice Macaroni with Non-Dairy Cheeze
Many of the products awarded follow suit with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) "mega-trends" for new product development that include functional natural foods, weight management foods, and all things free of preservatives, additives, gluten and lactose.
If you would like to see the complete list and all the runners-up, visit http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/960 (or at http://www.izze.com/2010/10/01/vegetarian-times-2010-foodie-award/ and click on "see more here PDF" or pick up a copy of the October print edition of VT.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Kim Kardashian recreates iconic Jean-Paul Goude naked 'Champagne Incident' photo
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist's birth
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...