Top vegetarian food products revealed
Tuesday 12 October 2010
In the October edition of the magazine
Vegetarian Times (
VT), the best of 2010 food and drink products were awarded in 30 distinct categories ranging from frozen entrées and "no-moo milks" to enlightened beverages.
VT first nominated the award-winning products for the 2010 Foodie Awards and then readers selected their favorites from 114 products by casting over 100,000 votes.
Here is an inside look at some of the top products and brands:
- Nuts & Seeds: Nut Land Berries & Cherries Crunch
- Frozen Pizzas: Kashi Original Crust Mediterranean Pizza
- Enlightened Beverages: IZZE esque Sparkling Mandarin
- Organic, Fair-Trade Bagged Teas: Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
- Crackers: Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Crackers
- Jams & Fruit Spreads: Eden Organic Apple Cherry Butter
- Chips: Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- No-Moo Milks: Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened
- Rice & Quinoa: Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- Frozen Desserts: Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto
- Cereals: Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Banana Walnut Cereal
- Quick Sauces: Monique's Rustic Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Frozen Entrées: Amy's Rice Macaroni with Non-Dairy Cheeze
Many of the products awarded follow suit with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) "mega-trends" for new product development that include functional natural foods, weight management foods, and all things free of preservatives, additives, gluten and lactose.
If you would like to see the complete list and all the runners-up, visit http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/960 (or at http://www.izze.com/2010/10/01/vegetarian-times-2010-foodie-award/ and click on "see more here PDF" or pick up a copy of the October print edition of VT.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...