Top vegetarian food products revealed
Tuesday 12 October 2010
In the October edition of the magazine
Vegetarian Times (
VT), the best of 2010 food and drink products were awarded in 30 distinct categories ranging from frozen entrées and "no-moo milks" to enlightened beverages.
VT first nominated the award-winning products for the 2010 Foodie Awards and then readers selected their favorites from 114 products by casting over 100,000 votes.
Here is an inside look at some of the top products and brands:
- Nuts & Seeds: Nut Land Berries & Cherries Crunch
- Frozen Pizzas: Kashi Original Crust Mediterranean Pizza
- Enlightened Beverages: IZZE esque Sparkling Mandarin
- Organic, Fair-Trade Bagged Teas: Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
- Crackers: Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Crackers
- Jams & Fruit Spreads: Eden Organic Apple Cherry Butter
- Chips: Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- No-Moo Milks: Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened
- Rice & Quinoa: Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- Frozen Desserts: Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto
- Cereals: Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Banana Walnut Cereal
- Quick Sauces: Monique's Rustic Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Frozen Entrées: Amy's Rice Macaroni with Non-Dairy Cheeze
Many of the products awarded follow suit with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) "mega-trends" for new product development that include functional natural foods, weight management foods, and all things free of preservatives, additives, gluten and lactose.
If you would like to see the complete list and all the runners-up, visit http://www.vegetariantimes.com/features/960 (or at http://www.izze.com/2010/10/01/vegetarian-times-2010-foodie-award/ and click on "see more here PDF" or pick up a copy of the October print edition of VT.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...