Umami's British cousin gets aged
Wednesday 03 March 2010
Umami, considered the fifth basic taste -- a savory flavor, is often compared to Marmite (as is Australian Vegemite and Swiss Cenovis). On March 2, Marmite lovers had reason to celebrate: someone has been listening to your wishes and launched the refined, mature Marmite XO.
Umami, considered the fifth basic taste - a savory flavor, is often compared to Marmite (as is Australian Vegemite and Swiss Cenovis). On March 2, Marmite lovers had reason to celebrate: someone has been listening to your wishes and launched the refined, mature Marmite XO.
Marmite is a yeasty paste with an acquired taste and devout following around the world. The product originated in the United Kingdom and was later produced in South Africa and New Zealand.
Marmite XO, described as "extra old," a unique blend of four selected yeast sources, is truly for the marmite connoisseur. Amateurs beware, the new blend has been aged four times longer and is noted as full-bodied.
A 250g glass jar will set you back £4.99 (€5.50) plus shipping to anywhere in the world, and it may take between 3 and 14 days to receive it.
Take a look at how the package of Marmite XO will arrive at your door: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-ng4ZZIXk&feature=player_embedded
To order, visit Marmite.com
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Common antibiotic linked to increased risk of heart disease
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...