US hotel guests will soon wake up to Starbucks brew in their room
Friday 18 February 2011
In a move signaling a growing trend towards a new kind of brew, Starbucks Corp. announced this week that it will be providing single-serve coffee to half a million hotels across the US.
The latest deal will see Starbucks coffee delivered via Courtesy Products' CVI one-cup brewing machine systems in 500,000 luxury hotels.
The world's largest coffee chain has been making a string of announcements in the last few weeks indicating a strong interest in expanding their reach into the one-cup brewing market, currently dominated by machine-makers Keurig and Tassimo in the US.
Their VIA line targets people on the go with single-serve instant coffee packets. And though unconfirmed, reports that the company was in talks with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters to provide coffee for the Keurig brewing system sent share prices for Green Mountain to a record high.
Since 2006, single-serve coffee brand Nespresso, whose ads feature George Clooney and John Malkovich, has been the exclusive coffee supplier for 170 of The Radisson SAS hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well as the Relais & Chateaux hotel chain.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...