Virtually tasty: American wines under 20 dollars
Friday 17 September 2010
On September 8,
Food & Wine magazine's 13th annual American Wine Awards were announced after a blind tasting. Here are the "best" from the west for under $20 (€15.50).
- Sauvignon Blanc: 2008 Honig, Napa, California ($16/€12.40)
- Chardonnay: 2008 Mount Eden Vineyards Wolff Vineyard, Edna Valley, California ($20/€15.50)
- Pinot Gris: 2008 Elk Cove, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Pinot Noir: 2008 Wallace Brook, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Merlot: 2007 Columbia Crest H3, Horse Heaven Hills, Washington ($15/€12)
- Zinfandel: 2007 Four Vines, Old Vine Cuvée, California ($14/€11)
- Syrah: 2008 Red Car, Boxcar, Sonoma County, California ($20/€15.50)
- Cabernet Sauvignon: 2007 Louis M. Martini, Sonoma County, California ($17/€13)
Additionally you may want to take a look at The WineDoctor's North American Wine Guide: http://www.thewinedoctor.com/regionalguides/northamerica.shtml
For a list of the "best" American wines over $20/€15.50, go to: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/american-wine-awards-2010-best-wines-over-twenty
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...