Virtually tasty: American wines under 20 dollars
Friday 17 September 2010
On September 8,
Food & Wine magazine's 13th annual American Wine Awards were announced after a blind tasting. Here are the "best" from the west for under $20 (€15.50).
- Sauvignon Blanc: 2008 Honig, Napa, California ($16/€12.40)
- Chardonnay: 2008 Mount Eden Vineyards Wolff Vineyard, Edna Valley, California ($20/€15.50)
- Pinot Gris: 2008 Elk Cove, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Pinot Noir: 2008 Wallace Brook, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Merlot: 2007 Columbia Crest H3, Horse Heaven Hills, Washington ($15/€12)
- Zinfandel: 2007 Four Vines, Old Vine Cuvée, California ($14/€11)
- Syrah: 2008 Red Car, Boxcar, Sonoma County, California ($20/€15.50)
- Cabernet Sauvignon: 2007 Louis M. Martini, Sonoma County, California ($17/€13)
Additionally you may want to take a look at The WineDoctor's North American Wine Guide: http://www.thewinedoctor.com/regionalguides/northamerica.shtml
For a list of the "best" American wines over $20/€15.50, go to: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/american-wine-awards-2010-best-wines-over-twenty
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...