Virtually tasty: American wines under 20 dollars
Friday 17 September 2010
On September 8,
Food & Wine magazine's 13th annual American Wine Awards were announced after a blind tasting. Here are the "best" from the west for under $20 (€15.50).
- Sauvignon Blanc: 2008 Honig, Napa, California ($16/€12.40)
- Chardonnay: 2008 Mount Eden Vineyards Wolff Vineyard, Edna Valley, California ($20/€15.50)
- Pinot Gris: 2008 Elk Cove, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Pinot Noir: 2008 Wallace Brook, Willamette Valley, Oregon ($19/€15)
- Merlot: 2007 Columbia Crest H3, Horse Heaven Hills, Washington ($15/€12)
- Zinfandel: 2007 Four Vines, Old Vine Cuvée, California ($14/€11)
- Syrah: 2008 Red Car, Boxcar, Sonoma County, California ($20/€15.50)
- Cabernet Sauvignon: 2007 Louis M. Martini, Sonoma County, California ($17/€13)
Additionally you may want to take a look at The WineDoctor's North American Wine Guide: http://www.thewinedoctor.com/regionalguides/northamerica.shtml
For a list of the "best" American wines over $20/€15.50, go to: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/american-wine-awards-2010-best-wines-over-twenty
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
iJobs Food & Drink
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...