Virtually tasty: South African wines and wine blogs
Monday 14 June 2010
On June 11, as the 2010 Football World Cup kicked off, Ray Isle, the senior wine editor of
Food & Wine, offered hints on how to best select and enjoy South African wines,.
Isle gives three main tips: choose Shiraz, good value wines and 2009 vintage.
Here are some recommendations:
2008 DMZ Shiraz ($15/€12.38)
2007 Darling Cellars Onyx Shiraz ($16/€13.20)
2008 Boekenhoutskloof The Chocolate Block ($39/€32.19)
2009 Excelsior Chardonnay ($10/€8.25)
2009 Fairvalley Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2008 Kanu Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2009 Backsberg Sauvignon Blanc ($13/€10.73)
2009 Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Sincerely Sauvignon Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc ($15/€12.38)
2009 Warwick Estate Professor Black Sauvignon Blanc ($19/€15.68)
If you are interested in learning more about South African wines, here are a number of blogs to follow:
Wine Google: http://www.winegoggle.co.za
Warwick Estate: http://blog.warwickwine.com
Cape Chatter: http://wosa.co.za/blog
Four Cousins': http://4cousins.blat.co.za
Sun Soil Vine Man: http://sun-soil-vine-man.co.za
The cru: http://www.thecru.co.za
Serious about wine: http://www.seriousaboutwine.co.za
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...