Virtually tasty: South African wines and wine blogs
Monday 14 June 2010
On June 11, as the 2010 Football World Cup kicked off, Ray Isle, the senior wine editor of
Food & Wine, offered hints on how to best select and enjoy South African wines,.
Isle gives three main tips: choose Shiraz, good value wines and 2009 vintage.
Here are some recommendations:
2008 DMZ Shiraz ($15/€12.38)
2007 Darling Cellars Onyx Shiraz ($16/€13.20)
2008 Boekenhoutskloof The Chocolate Block ($39/€32.19)
2009 Excelsior Chardonnay ($10/€8.25)
2009 Fairvalley Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2008 Kanu Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2009 Backsberg Sauvignon Blanc ($13/€10.73)
2009 Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Sincerely Sauvignon Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc ($15/€12.38)
2009 Warwick Estate Professor Black Sauvignon Blanc ($19/€15.68)
If you are interested in learning more about South African wines, here are a number of blogs to follow:
Wine Google: http://www.winegoggle.co.za
Warwick Estate: http://blog.warwickwine.com
Cape Chatter: http://wosa.co.za/blog
Four Cousins': http://4cousins.blat.co.za
Sun Soil Vine Man: http://sun-soil-vine-man.co.za
The cru: http://www.thecru.co.za
Serious about wine: http://www.seriousaboutwine.co.za
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...