Virtually tasty: South African wines and wine blogs
Monday 14 June 2010
On June 11, as the 2010 Football World Cup kicked off, Ray Isle, the senior wine editor of
Food & Wine, offered hints on how to best select and enjoy South African wines,.
Isle gives three main tips: choose Shiraz, good value wines and 2009 vintage.
Here are some recommendations:
2008 DMZ Shiraz ($15/€12.38)
2007 Darling Cellars Onyx Shiraz ($16/€13.20)
2008 Boekenhoutskloof The Chocolate Block ($39/€32.19)
2009 Excelsior Chardonnay ($10/€8.25)
2009 Fairvalley Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2008 Kanu Chenin Blanc ($10/€8.25)
2009 Backsberg Sauvignon Blanc ($13/€10.73)
2009 Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Sincerely Sauvignon Blanc ($14/€11.55)
2009 Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc ($15/€12.38)
2009 Warwick Estate Professor Black Sauvignon Blanc ($19/€15.68)
If you are interested in learning more about South African wines, here are a number of blogs to follow:
Wine Google: http://www.winegoggle.co.za
Warwick Estate: http://blog.warwickwine.com
Cape Chatter: http://wosa.co.za/blog
Four Cousins': http://4cousins.blat.co.za
Sun Soil Vine Man: http://sun-soil-vine-man.co.za
The cru: http://www.thecru.co.za
Serious about wine: http://www.seriousaboutwine.co.za
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...