Whole Lotta Rose as rockers AC/DC launch wines
Tuesday 16 August 2011
Australian rockers AC/DC, one of the highest grossing bands of all time, plan to boost their income with a new range of wines.
The legendary group, fronted by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, have teamed up with Australian winery Warburn Estate for a national release of AC/DC The Wine.
They are launching several bottled varieties named after some of their best-known hits, including "Highway to Hell" cabernet sauvignon, "Hells Bells" sauvignon blanc and "You Shook Me All Night Long" muscat.
"We wanted to make sure that AC/DC's home fan base could have easy access to their rock icons' wines," said Steve Donohue, general manager of buying for the Woolworths Liquor Group, which will sell the line.
"For us it was a no-brainer to make it available nationally, no-one misses out. This is a world-wide phenomenon and a first in the marketplace."
The wines are available from Thursday.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
iJobs Food & Drink
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...