Win a country break for two with Bovril’s Great Outdoor Revival
Friday 01 October 2010
Lovers of the British countryside have a reason to celebrate this autumn, as the nation’s favourite outdoor companion, Bovril, is donating £100,000 to the National Trust as part of its
Great Outdoors Revival, helping give special outdoor areas across the country a well deserved makeover.
Bovril have drawn up a shortlist of 79 National Trust sites in need of restoration across the nation, and now we’re inviting you the public to decide where the money goes. From pathways to parks, fields to forests and campsites to coastlines, there are plenty of worthy sites that need your vote. Just think – that special National Trust place you love could receive a much-needed boost from Bovril, who will announce the most popular sites at the beginning of next year.
To show thanks for your support, the makers of the beefy drink are giving away a fantastic prize, including a full-board weekend break with HF Holidays at one of seventeen British countryside destinations across the UK, ten National Trust passes so you can explore everything from beautiful houses and castles to coastal walks and historic gardens, two pairs of his-and-hers environmentally friendly National Trust stamped Hi-Tec walking boots, two National Trust Countryside books, two Bovril thermal flasks and a year’s supply of Bovril to get you fuelled on your winter walks. To enter, answer the question below.
Keen rambler Sir Ian ‘Beefy’ Botham is showing his support by taking part in the Big Bovril Ramble on 6 November at Fountains Abbey, encouraging people to get up and out to enjoy the glorious British countryside during the crisper months. Three other rambles are also taking place at National Trust sites on 20 November and we’d love you to come along and ramble for an hour or two, so keep checking the site for full location details.
Terms & conditions
1. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alterative.
3. The prize will be provided by Bovril (Unilever), Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22LGR.
4. The winner will receive:
- Two-night Freedom Break for two adults aged 18 or over to be taken at any of HF Holidays’ 17 Country Houses around the UK. The prize includes full Board en-suite accommodation (English breakfast, picnic lunch and three-course evening meal), use of Country House facilities and a detailed information booklet to the local area with an OS Explorer map.
- 5 x pairs of National Trust entry passes (expiry date 28th February 2012)
- Two National Trust Books of Countryside (RRP £30)
- Two pairs of Altitude IV WPi NT Enviro Hi-Tech walking boots (RRP £90)
- Two Bovril flasks
- Year’s supply of Bovril (three 250g jars)
5. The prize is to be redeemed before 31 May 2011, excluding Easter holidays, and is based on two adults sharing a twin or double room. Travel to the holiday location is not included. Voucher will be issued to claim the prize. Spending money, travel insurance and bar drinks beyond full board accommodation are the responsibility of the winners. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. Employees of HF Holidays are excluded from the competition.
8. All entries must be received by 31 October 2010.
9. Only one entry per person.
To read The Independent's Terms and Conditions, click here.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca reclaims top spot to be named world's best restaurant
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 4 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...