Win a country break for two with Bovril’s Great Outdoor Revival
Friday 01 October 2010
Lovers of the British countryside have a reason to celebrate this autumn, as the nation’s favourite outdoor companion, Bovril, is donating £100,000 to the National Trust as part of its
Great Outdoors Revival, helping give special outdoor areas across the country a well deserved makeover.
Bovril have drawn up a shortlist of 79 National Trust sites in need of restoration across the nation, and now we’re inviting you the public to decide where the money goes. From pathways to parks, fields to forests and campsites to coastlines, there are plenty of worthy sites that need your vote. Just think – that special National Trust place you love could receive a much-needed boost from Bovril, who will announce the most popular sites at the beginning of next year.
To show thanks for your support, the makers of the beefy drink are giving away a fantastic prize, including a full-board weekend break with HF Holidays at one of seventeen British countryside destinations across the UK, ten National Trust passes so you can explore everything from beautiful houses and castles to coastal walks and historic gardens, two pairs of his-and-hers environmentally friendly National Trust stamped Hi-Tec walking boots, two National Trust Countryside books, two Bovril thermal flasks and a year’s supply of Bovril to get you fuelled on your winter walks. To enter, answer the question below.
Keen rambler Sir Ian ‘Beefy’ Botham is showing his support by taking part in the Big Bovril Ramble on 6 November at Fountains Abbey, encouraging people to get up and out to enjoy the glorious British countryside during the crisper months. Three other rambles are also taking place at National Trust sites on 20 November and we’d love you to come along and ramble for an hour or two, so keep checking the site for full location details.
Terms & conditions
1. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alterative.
3. The prize will be provided by Bovril (Unilever), Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22LGR.
4. The winner will receive:
- Two-night Freedom Break for two adults aged 18 or over to be taken at any of HF Holidays’ 17 Country Houses around the UK. The prize includes full Board en-suite accommodation (English breakfast, picnic lunch and three-course evening meal), use of Country House facilities and a detailed information booklet to the local area with an OS Explorer map.
- 5 x pairs of National Trust entry passes (expiry date 28th February 2012)
- Two National Trust Books of Countryside (RRP £30)
- Two pairs of Altitude IV WPi NT Enviro Hi-Tech walking boots (RRP £90)
- Two Bovril flasks
- Year’s supply of Bovril (three 250g jars)
5. The prize is to be redeemed before 31 May 2011, excluding Easter holidays, and is based on two adults sharing a twin or double room. Travel to the holiday location is not included. Voucher will be issued to claim the prize. Spending money, travel insurance and bar drinks beyond full board accommodation are the responsibility of the winners. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. Employees of HF Holidays are excluded from the competition.
8. All entries must be received by 31 October 2010.
9. Only one entry per person.
To read The Independent's Terms and Conditions, click here.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...