Win a gastronomic break for two to Spain
Plus - runners-up can experience a Spanish cookery course
Thursday 15 September 2011
Experience the true taste of olives from Spain: enter our fantastic competition to win a trip to Spain and a tapas cookery course.
We’ve teamed up with Olives from Spain to offer a gastro weekend for two staying in a traditional finca in the heart of olive country, Andalusia.
To celebrate Spain being the world’s biggest producer of olives, you will get a hands-on visit to a local olive mill to learn all about the freshly gathered olives, and also enjoy a tasting session at one of the region’s best-known producers of sherry. During your four-day break, there will be plenty of time to soak up the local atmosphere with lunches at local tapas restaurants to experience the delicious taste, versatility and nutritional value of the Spanish olive.
Olives from Spain has also teamed up with the Food at 52 cookery school to offer two lucky runners-up and their partners the chance to create a selection of mouth-watering dishes using different types of Spanish olives and other traditional Spanish ingredients.
To enter this fabulous competition, simply fill your details in to the form below
Terms and conditions
- The prize is for one winner and a guest, and both must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- The gastro weekend prize consists of return flights to Malaga, three nights accommodation at Holiday On The Menu’s cookery school in Spain, all local transfers and transportation as part of the course, all meals during the course as specified by Holiday on the Menu, two hands-on Andalusian cooking classes, excursions to Priego de Cordoba, Cordoba and Montilla with sherry tasting, olive harvest participation (if in season), recipe booklet and a special gift.
- Any costs in addition to those listed are at the winner's own expense.
- Travel to be taken between December 2011 and March 2012, excluding 17 December 2011 to 7 January 2012, subject to availability. We reserve the rights to alter the programme of activity at any time depending on availability, dates and harvest times.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- The winner(s) will be drawn by 23.59 on 2 October 2011 and notified by telephone/email by 3 October 2011.
- The runners-up prize is for two winners and a guest each to attend Food at 52 cookery masterclass during Oct-Nov 2011, both must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- A list of winners will be available by sending an SAE to Olives from Spain Winners List, 7 The Arches, Chancel Street, London SE1 0UR.
- The winner will be required to enter into publicity as part of this prize.
- Open to UK residents only excluding Northern Ireland. When you respond, Independent Print Ltd may use your information to contact you with offers/services of interest. For further information, please write to Customer Care, Room 203b, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT. The Independent's usual promotion rules apply.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after performer tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 5 Medina: Saudis take a bulldozer to Islam's history
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...