Win an extremely happy Father's Day with Jura Whisky
Monday 23 May 2011
With Father’s Day on the horizon, don’t you reckon your old man deserves to be treated with a bit more dignity than socks or pyjamas?
At The Independent, we do, which is why we’ve arranged something a bit special for one lucky winner and their dear old dad – a luxury five-night break for two people at the Jura Lodge on the Isle of Jura.
Your stay on this spellbinding Hebridean island will include a three-course dinner for each of the five nights at the Jura pub and a lavish tour of the distillery. Not only that – the winner will also walk away with a bottle of Jura Prophecy single malt whisky, which you’re under strict instructions to give it to dad, too.
Jura Prophecy is a heavily peated single malt that harks back to the whisky that was brewing on this mystical island in centuries past. It’s a fine tipple, delivering an authentic taste of peat smoke, fresh cinnamon and spicy sea spray to the palate, with a final flavour of bonfire giving way to hints of soft liquorice and nutmeg. For more information visit www.isleofjura.com
For your shot at winning this fine prize, just tackle the brain-teaser below:
This competition closes on Monday 13 June. Entrants must be 18 or more years old.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...