Gateway/Somerfield features Italy this month, with a useful reduction on the cool, crisp north Italian 1992 Chardonnay del Piemonte, pounds 3.35, down from pounds 3.69, and two excellent reds, the traditionally Calabrian, raisin-rich 1990 Librandi Ciro Rosso, pounds 3.99, down from pounds 4.25, and the modern Sardinian red, 1990 Carignano del Sulcis, Santadi, reduced to pounds 4.45 from pounds 4.75.
Sainsbury's has two Peter Bright Argentine wines on its shelves: the red is a respectable Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon, but I prefer the white, the delicately scented, Torrontes Argentinian Dry White, introductory offer price pounds 2.99 ( pounds 3.49 from Sunday week).
Meanwhile The Catalyst, pounds 5.99, Oddbins, is back. This is the latest vintage of Rhone Ranger Randall Grahm's successful, Rhone-like Californian red. Made from syrah, grenache and mourvedre, it is a highly aromatic, raspberryish, dry red with notes of pepper and cinnamon.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Google taken to court by ex-banker to remove defamatory material
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
Kim Kardashian recreates iconic Jean-Paul Goude naked 'Champagne Incident' photo
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist's birth
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Naked free runner captured in breathtaking photographs above London's streets
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...