World's first space gastronomist
Tuesday 02 March 2010
On February 24, Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi became the world's first space sushi chef.
Noguchi entertains Fuji TV in Japan from NASA's International Space Station (ISS) via NASA's channel on YouTube by making a maki (hand roll) with floating rice and salmon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfwqLSHvu3E
Japan is leading the world in space gastronomy, having also been responsible for creating the world's first beer made from 100% "space barley" on December 3, 2009. Sapporo, a Japanese beer company, released a limited special edition of space beer for charity called Sapporo Space Barley.
Life & Style blogs
Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...