World's first space gastronomist
Tuesday 02 March 2010
On February 24, Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi became the world's first space sushi chef.
Noguchi entertains Fuji TV in Japan from NASA's International Space Station (ISS) via NASA's channel on YouTube by making a maki (hand roll) with floating rice and salmon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfwqLSHvu3E
Japan is leading the world in space gastronomy, having also been responsible for creating the world's first beer made from 100% "space barley" on December 3, 2009. Sapporo, a Japanese beer company, released a limited special edition of space beer for charity called Sapporo Space Barley.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...