World's first space gastronomist
Tuesday 02 March 2010
On February 24, Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi became the world's first space sushi chef.
Noguchi entertains Fuji TV in Japan from NASA's International Space Station (ISS) via NASA's channel on YouTube by making a maki (hand roll) with floating rice and salmon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfwqLSHvu3E
Japan is leading the world in space gastronomy, having also been responsible for creating the world's first beer made from 100% "space barley" on December 3, 2009. Sapporo, a Japanese beer company, released a limited special edition of space beer for charity called Sapporo Space Barley.
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...