1,500 of US's richest millionaires don’t pay tax: top Diggs
Tuesday 16 August 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on August 16.
1. Stop Coddling the Super-Rich
A New York Times article calling on the American government to change policies that provide “extraordinary tax breaks” for the mega-rich while poor and middle class Americans “struggle to make ends meet.”
2. Millionaires Don't Pay Taxes? 1,470 of America's Richest Didn't, According to IRS
Close to 1,500 millionaires and billionaires reportedly used “Mack-truck sized loopholes” in America’s tax code to legitimately avoid paying taxes in the country in 2009.
3. Time to Stand Up to a Government That Does Not Represent Our Views
A blogpost on MichaelMoore.com that calls on Americans to “get organized and mobilized to demand what we want [from the government].”
4. Michele Bachmann Takes $1.1 M From Taxpayers But Claims Unemployment Benefits Are Unaffordable
A video of congresswoman Michele Bachmann stating that it would be “very difficult” to extend jobless benefits for people who are out of work. The article also reveals that she (and her husband) has received $1.1 million in taxpayer money since her election to Congress.
5. Warren Buffett Urges Congress to Increase Taxes on ‘Coddled’ Billionaires
A second article that calls on Congress to increase taxes for people that make more than $1 million a year in the US.
Life & Style blogs
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£18000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£16000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Their research appears at the f...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...