'Age of Conan' relaunches as free-to-play
Friday 01 July 2011
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures relaunched as the free-to-play
Age of Conan: Unchained on July 1.
Compulsory subscriptions are scrapped in favor of raising income via item shops, content passes, and premium level memberships.
The change comes ahead of the new Conan film, which debuts mid-August, and the online game's tie-in, the Savage Coast of Turan expansion.
Lord of the Rings Online, another massively multiplayer game based on fantasy fiction, experienced significant success since becoming free-to-play in September 2010.
Subsequently, Champions Online, Pirates of the Burning Sea and APB (in the form of APB: Reloaded) have made similar transitions, with LEGO Universe and City of Heroes announcing their intentions to follow suit.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A long-established, tech...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Experienced Software Dev...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...