An urn that turns into a tree after you die, quirky illustrations: top StumbleUpon sites
Saturday 28 May 2011
A look at the top-rated sites on website discovery service StumbleUpon, recorded on May 27.
1. Crazy Illustrations By Chow Hon Lam | Pokkisam blog
A selection of humorous illustrations created by Malaysian-based T-shirt designer and illustrator Chow Hon Lam.
2. Don't mind me, just building my house
Time-lapse photos of two birds creating a nest on the side of a window seal.
3. Jamie Beck e Kevin Burg - Cinemagraphs
A collaboration between New York fashion photographer Jamie Beck and motion graphic artist Kevin Burg that results in a series of surreal "cinemagraphs" - animated gifs that blur the boundaries of still photographs and cinematography.
4. This Awesome Urn Will Turn You into a Tree After You Die...
A biodegradable urn created by Spanish designer Martin Azua that turns your remains into a tree. The Bios Urn is made from coconut shell, compacted peat and cellulose and contains personally selected plant seeds.
5. Books of Adam: Never Be My Friend
Illustrations drawn by Portland-based artist and writer Adam Ellis inspired by photos found on his friends' Facebook pages.
Co-creator Mark Gatiss dropped some very intriguing hints ahead of the BBC drama's return next year
Life & Style blogs
World’s largest chocolate manufacturer adds voice to warnings of 'potential cocoa shortage by 2020'
We can't easily shut down Russian webcam hackers, admits Information Commissioner
GTA 5, Xbox One review: Next gen Los Santos is beautiful chaos
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches subscription service for the internet to replace ad revenue online
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
G20 summit: David Cameron warns Vladimir Putin that Russia's relationship with the West is at a 'fork in the road' over Ukraine
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Argyll Scott International: Senior Perl...