Apple iPad sales hit three million
Tuesday 22 June 2010
Three million iPads have been sold in the 80 days since the touchscreen tablet computer hit stores in the United States, Apple said Tuesday.
"People are loving iPad as it becomes a part of their daily lives," Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said in a statement.
The iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3 and in Australia, Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and Switzerland at the end of May.
"We're working hard to get this magical product into the hands of even more people around the world, including those in nine more countries next month," Jobs said.
Apple said it sold its three millionth iPad on Monday.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits + bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group:...
£35000 - £44000 per annum + excellent company benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group:...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Package + Bonus: Harrington Starr: ETRM Project Ma...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...