Apple to add stores in booming China market
Tuesday 06 September 2011
Apple plans to open its first store in Hong Kong and another in Shanghai by year's end, a spokeswoman said Tuesday, as the maker of the iconic iPhone sets its sights on the booming China market.
The US firm, which already has four stores in mainland China, is aiming to open both new locations before year's end, she said, without confirming dates.
Apple products are currently available in Hong Kong through registered dealers or online.
Some die-hard fans in China - which has the world's largest online population with 485 million users - queue for days to get their hands on the latest Apple products.
The craze for all things Apple has triggered widespread cloning of iPhones and iPads and in July an American blogger uncovered fake Apple stores in the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming.
Apple has said its second quarter revenue in greater China - an area including Taiwan and Hong Kong - reached $3.8 billion, six times that seen in the same period last year, making the region a key driver behind the company's record results.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# .NET...
£30 - £32 per hour + free parking: PCR Recruitment Limited: World's Leading Cl...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Server Side Dev...