'Assassin's Creed', Wii U and 'Battlefield' at E3: YouTube's most viewed gaming videos
Friday 17 June 2011
Assassin's Creed: Revelations debut trailer emerges triumphant from the Electronic Entertainment Expo by leading YouTube's gaming channel for the week ending June 16.
Trailers for Nintendo's next console, the Wii U, and for Battlefield 3's tank warfare followed close behind, accumulating over 2 million views apiece, with more Battlefield and Assassin's Creed in fourth and fifth.
Popular game commentators at The Yogscast thank their subscribers with a silly sing-a-long theme tune, Minecraft-style.
Riot Games let viewers in on some of their plans for League of Legends, while Minecraft pops up once more as animator RubberRoss tells the story of his journey from skeptic to convert.
E3 footage for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 charts low in 9th, though with a well established base of loyal players it's not as if the November game will lose too much ground to Battlefield 3 later this year... or will it?
YouTube's most viewed for the week ending June 16 (all-time views)
1) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 Trailer (2,541,006)
2) Nintendo Wii U Trailer E3 2011 (2,168,549)
3) Battlefield 3: Thunder Run Tank Gameplay Trailer (2,020,329)
4) Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Demo (1,315,196)
5) Assassin's Creed: Revelations Gameplay Demo (1,069,208)
6) 500,000 Subs! Thanks so much! - Yogscast (865,956)
7) Riot Games at E3 (787,405)
8) Derpcraft (Minecraft Cartoon) (786,180)
9) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Demo (766,799)
10) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 Trailer (734,463)
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£32000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based o...
£40000 - £43000 Per Annum plus company bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Computer Futures has been est...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Training & Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# S...