'Assassin's Creed', Wii U and 'Battlefield' at E3: YouTube's most viewed gaming videos
Friday 17 June 2011
Assassin's Creed: Revelations debut trailer emerges triumphant from the Electronic Entertainment Expo by leading YouTube's gaming channel for the week ending June 16.
Trailers for Nintendo's next console, the Wii U, and for Battlefield 3's tank warfare followed close behind, accumulating over 2 million views apiece, with more Battlefield and Assassin's Creed in fourth and fifth.
Popular game commentators at The Yogscast thank their subscribers with a silly sing-a-long theme tune, Minecraft-style.
Riot Games let viewers in on some of their plans for League of Legends, while Minecraft pops up once more as animator RubberRoss tells the story of his journey from skeptic to convert.
E3 footage for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 charts low in 9th, though with a well established base of loyal players it's not as if the November game will lose too much ground to Battlefield 3 later this year... or will it?
YouTube's most viewed for the week ending June 16 (all-time views)
1) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 Trailer (2,541,006)
2) Nintendo Wii U Trailer E3 2011 (2,168,549)
3) Battlefield 3: Thunder Run Tank Gameplay Trailer (2,020,329)
4) Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Demo (1,315,196)
5) Assassin's Creed: Revelations Gameplay Demo (1,069,208)
6) 500,000 Subs! Thanks so much! - Yogscast (865,956)
7) Riot Games at E3 (787,405)
8) Derpcraft (Minecraft Cartoon) (786,180)
9) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Demo (766,799)
10) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 Trailer (734,463)
Life & Style blogs
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Moodle Developer (PHP ,Linux, Apache...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£21000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Award-winning pharma softw...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Java Developer is requ...