'Assassin's Creed', Wii U and 'Battlefield' at E3: YouTube's most viewed gaming videos
Friday 17 June 2011
Assassin's Creed: Revelations debut trailer emerges triumphant from the Electronic Entertainment Expo by leading YouTube's gaming channel for the week ending June 16.
Trailers for Nintendo's next console, the Wii U, and for Battlefield 3's tank warfare followed close behind, accumulating over 2 million views apiece, with more Battlefield and Assassin's Creed in fourth and fifth.
Popular game commentators at The Yogscast thank their subscribers with a silly sing-a-long theme tune, Minecraft-style.
Riot Games let viewers in on some of their plans for League of Legends, while Minecraft pops up once more as animator RubberRoss tells the story of his journey from skeptic to convert.
E3 footage for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 charts low in 9th, though with a well established base of loyal players it's not as if the November game will lose too much ground to Battlefield 3 later this year... or will it?
YouTube's most viewed for the week ending June 16 (all-time views)
1) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 Trailer (2,541,006)
2) Nintendo Wii U Trailer E3 2011 (2,168,549)
3) Battlefield 3: Thunder Run Tank Gameplay Trailer (2,020,329)
4) Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Demo (1,315,196)
5) Assassin's Creed: Revelations Gameplay Demo (1,069,208)
6) 500,000 Subs! Thanks so much! - Yogscast (865,956)
7) Riot Games at E3 (787,405)
8) Derpcraft (Minecraft Cartoon) (786,180)
9) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Demo (766,799)
10) Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 Trailer (734,463)
Life & Style blogs
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 5 month Fixed Term Contract - Telecommunicati...
£26000 per annum + 25 days holiday & further benefits: Ashdown Group: Telecomm...