'Call of Duty' bosses tease new mystery game
Friday 01 July 2011
The first title from Respawn Entertainment, set up by the Call of Duty series founders, has been revealed - if you can call a couple of blurry, obfuscated screenshots a reveal.
Jason West and Vince Zampella's new studio, Respawn Entertainment, was announced barely a month after the pair's departure from Infinity Ward in March 2010.
Infinity Ward was responsible for developing Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. In its current form, the subsidiary is creating Modern Warfare 3 in collaboration with Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software.
Of the 52 staff members now listed at Respawn's new site, 40 of them worked on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, another 6 list God of War 3 among their achievements, and 2 spent time on Borderlands.
While Respawn set up shop with Electronic Arts as publishing partner, Halo studio Bungie left Microsoft to broker a deal with Activision.
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
25-30k + Comms + Benefits: Sphere Digital Recruitment: A rapidly expanding tag...