Call of Duty XP preview goes behind the scenes
Thursday 01 September 2011
Call of Duty community rep Robert Bowling gives viewers a sneak peek of the Call of Duty XP event that's taking place September 2-3 in Lost Angeles.
Bowling shows where attendees will play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer two months before its worldwide release on November 8, before moving outside the XP hall.
There's a life-size speedrun challenge called The Pit taken from a Modern Warfare 2 tutorial level, and multiplayer map Scrapyard is recreated for a three-day paintball extravaganzza.
The games' fictional fast food outlet Burger Town will be there to provide catering for the event.
The whole thing is designed to ramp up excitement for Modern Warfare 3, next in a series which has broken sales records year-on-year, but one that finds rivals like Battlefield 3 eager to move in on its territory.
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
25-30k + Comms + Benefits: Sphere Digital Recruitment: A rapidly expanding tag...