The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on July 5.
1. IBM scientists demonstrate computer memory breakthrough
Scientists at IBM Research have successfully tested a new type of memory technology called phase-change memory that will facilitate the "development of low-cost, faster and more durable memory applications for consumer devices."
2. Google Quietly Rolls Out WDYL.com: A Range Of Google Product Results On One Page
Google has created a website called "What do you love?" The site returns search results from a number of Google's different search services including image search, YouTube and shopping results, all displayed on one page.
3. Unemployment - It doesn't skip a generation
A cartoon featuring a young boy asking his dad if he can move back in until he finds a job and his dad replying "That’s funny. I just asked your grandparents the same question."
4. Russian court bans Scientology literature, calls it "extremist"
A Russian court has banned L. Ron Hubbard's What is Scientology? and additional books by the Scientology community on the grounds that they are "extremist."
5. WTF Happened to the Constitution?!?
An article about privacy and civil liberties in this digital age of surveillance.