Current Twitter trends: Distrito Capital, Venezuela's election
Monday 27 September 2010
Venezuela's "Distrito Capital" (Spanish for "Capital District") is the most talked about topic on Twitter on the morning of September 27.
The microblogs are filled with posts about Venezuela's parliamentary election Monday. Voting in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela took place on Sunday, September 26 and microbloggers are tweeting about the election results.
The Spanish words "Boletin" ("initial count" or "bulletin"), "Jodieron" ("fucked" or "screwed"), "Rectores," ("leaders" or "governors"), Mayoria "Calificada" ("qualified" majority) and "Baranda" ("railing") are all being used to discuss the elections on Twitter.
The memes "#oneofmyfavoritemovies," "#iwannaknowwhy" and "#cosasquepasaranantesdelboletin" take second, third and fourth places on the charts, while "Zulianos," the name of people from Venezuela's Zulia State, is in ninth place in the list of trending topics.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on September 27 at 7:30 AM GMT are:
- Distrito Capital (new)
- #oneofmyfavoritemovies (new)
- #iwannaknowwhy (new)
- #cosasquepasaranantesdelboletin (new)
- Boletin (new)
- Jodieron (new)
- Rectores (new)
- Calificada (new)
- Zulianos (new)
- Baranda (new)
Life & Style blogs
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...