Elephant hunting and motion-controlled email among the week's top Diggs
Tuesday 05 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 5.
1. Jon Stewart Calls Out NBC News for Not Reporting GE's $0 Tax Bill - The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart jokes that NBC Nightly News was too busy reporting that the Oxford English Dictionary added words such as "Muffin Top" and "Wassup" to report that its parent company General Electric had paid no federal income tax in 2010.
2. Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI): I'm 'Struggling' On My $174,000 Salary - American Republican Sean Duffy reportedly said he was "struggling" on his $174K salary but "supports cutting compensation for all public employees."
3. Gmail Motion BETA - Google's motion-sensing, gesture-tracking email product, introduced on April 1 as an April Fools' Day joke.
4. Charlie Sheen Booed Off Stage in Detroit - Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen was forced to abruptly end the first leg of his stage show after audience members started yelling "You Suck!"
5. GoDaddy CEO Hunts and Kills Elephant, Posts Video of it Online - The CEO and founder of web hosting company GoDaddy posted a video of himself hunting and killing a "problem elephant" in Zimbabwe.
Life & Style blogs
Titanfall lands with a boom on Xbox One, but will it save Microsoft's console?
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
Gauthier Soho has ranted against 'food blaggers' - so can we really trust online reviews?
Whaling: Vine's latest trend sees users bending over backwards to get noticed
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Tony Benn meets Ali G: Watch Labour veteran burn Sacha Baron Cohen
- 2 Women do experience two different types of orgasm, study reveals
- 3 Tony Benn dead: Veteran Labour politician passes away at 88
- 4 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 5 Gauthier Soho has ranted against 'food blaggers' - so can we really trust online reviews?
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£50000 - £57000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Pan-Europ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Test Analyst (SQL, LINUX, QTP, ORACLE, MANUAL, A...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Automated Te...