Elephant hunting and motion-controlled email among the week's top Diggs
Tuesday 05 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 5.
1. Jon Stewart Calls Out NBC News for Not Reporting GE's $0 Tax Bill - The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart jokes that NBC Nightly News was too busy reporting that the Oxford English Dictionary added words such as "Muffin Top" and "Wassup" to report that its parent company General Electric had paid no federal income tax in 2010.
2. Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI): I'm 'Struggling' On My $174,000 Salary - American Republican Sean Duffy reportedly said he was "struggling" on his $174K salary but "supports cutting compensation for all public employees."
3. Gmail Motion BETA - Google's motion-sensing, gesture-tracking email product, introduced on April 1 as an April Fools' Day joke.
4. Charlie Sheen Booed Off Stage in Detroit - Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen was forced to abruptly end the first leg of his stage show after audience members started yelling "You Suck!"
5. GoDaddy CEO Hunts and Kills Elephant, Posts Video of it Online - The CEO and founder of web hosting company GoDaddy posted a video of himself hunting and killing a "problem elephant" in Zimbabwe.
When it comes to promoting equality of the sexes, we tend to think that we’ve come a long way in the past 40 years.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£37000 - £39000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: SQL Database Administrato...
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Expanding creative studio requi...