Elephant hunting and motion-controlled email among the week's top Diggs
Tuesday 05 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 5.
1. Jon Stewart Calls Out NBC News for Not Reporting GE's $0 Tax Bill - The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart jokes that NBC Nightly News was too busy reporting that the Oxford English Dictionary added words such as "Muffin Top" and "Wassup" to report that its parent company General Electric had paid no federal income tax in 2010.
2. Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI): I'm 'Struggling' On My $174,000 Salary - American Republican Sean Duffy reportedly said he was "struggling" on his $174K salary but "supports cutting compensation for all public employees."
3. Gmail Motion BETA - Google's motion-sensing, gesture-tracking email product, introduced on April 1 as an April Fools' Day joke.
4. Charlie Sheen Booed Off Stage in Detroit - Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen was forced to abruptly end the first leg of his stage show after audience members started yelling "You Suck!"
5. GoDaddy CEO Hunts and Kills Elephant, Posts Video of it Online - The CEO and founder of web hosting company GoDaddy posted a video of himself hunting and killing a "problem elephant" in Zimbabwe.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£6240 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a well established websit...
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A skilled .NET developer with e...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company are cur...