Elephant hunting and motion-controlled email among the week's top Diggs
Tuesday 05 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 5.
1. Jon Stewart Calls Out NBC News for Not Reporting GE's $0 Tax Bill - The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart jokes that NBC Nightly News was too busy reporting that the Oxford English Dictionary added words such as "Muffin Top" and "Wassup" to report that its parent company General Electric had paid no federal income tax in 2010.
2. Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI): I'm 'Struggling' On My $174,000 Salary - American Republican Sean Duffy reportedly said he was "struggling" on his $174K salary but "supports cutting compensation for all public employees."
3. Gmail Motion BETA - Google's motion-sensing, gesture-tracking email product, introduced on April 1 as an April Fools' Day joke.
4. Charlie Sheen Booed Off Stage in Detroit - Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen was forced to abruptly end the first leg of his stage show after audience members started yelling "You Suck!"
5. GoDaddy CEO Hunts and Kills Elephant, Posts Video of it Online - The CEO and founder of web hosting company GoDaddy posted a video of himself hunting and killing a "problem elephant" in Zimbabwe.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: A market leading, in...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + 23 days holiday, pension scheme: Deerfoot IT Resou...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP SD OTC Consultant | 12 Months | 500/...