Elephant hunting and motion-controlled email among the week's top Diggs
Tuesday 05 April 2011
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on April 5.
1. Jon Stewart Calls Out NBC News for Not Reporting GE's $0 Tax Bill - The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart jokes that NBC Nightly News was too busy reporting that the Oxford English Dictionary added words such as "Muffin Top" and "Wassup" to report that its parent company General Electric had paid no federal income tax in 2010.
2. Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI): I'm 'Struggling' On My $174,000 Salary - American Republican Sean Duffy reportedly said he was "struggling" on his $174K salary but "supports cutting compensation for all public employees."
3. Gmail Motion BETA - Google's motion-sensing, gesture-tracking email product, introduced on April 1 as an April Fools' Day joke.
4. Charlie Sheen Booed Off Stage in Detroit - Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen was forced to abruptly end the first leg of his stage show after audience members started yelling "You Suck!"
5. GoDaddy CEO Hunts and Kills Elephant, Posts Video of it Online - The CEO and founder of web hosting company GoDaddy posted a video of himself hunting and killing a "problem elephant" in Zimbabwe.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Infrastructure Architect is ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has ari...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a customer focu...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Development Executiv...