Facebook goes offline briefly after updating slip
Facebook went offline briefly on Thursday to fix an updating slip.
"For a brief period of time, some internal prototypes were made public to a number of people externally," a Facebook spokesperson said in an email reply to an AFP inquiry.
"As a result, we took the site down for a few minutes. It's back up, and we apologize for the inconvenience."
The problem reportedly occurred while Facebook was revamping pages for businesses at the website, which boasts more than 500 million users.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
Stair-climbing: A step change in keeping fit
China overtakes US with world's fastest supercomputer
Europe's largest TV now on sale - a 90-inch, £12,000 giant from Sharp
Persisted heartburn sufferers urged to visit doctor to rule out cancer
Exposed: Edward Erin, the doctor whose faked asthma drug test results proved fatal
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£350 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Risk Manager - Birmingham - £350-...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Connex Education: Connex Education are l...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Lead Solutions Architect - Edinburgh - Bank - Up ...