Facts and figures on the new Apple iPad
Tuesday 30 March 2010
These are the principal features and pricing of the new "iPad" touchscreen tablet computer making its debut Saturday in the United States:
- about the size of a letter-sized sheet of paper, the iPad is half an inch (1.3-cm) thick and weighs 1.5 pounds (0.7 kilograms). It has a color 9.7-inch (24.6-cm) LED-display screen that allows for viewing video in high-definition
- 16, 32 and 64 gigabytes of flash memory
- a 16-gigabyte Wi-Fi version will be available in late March worldwide for 499 dollars. The 32GB Wi-Fi model will cost 599 dollars while the 64GB Wi-Fi model will cost 699 dollars
- iPad models equipped with Wi-Fi and 3G will be available in late April in the United States and selected countries. The 16GB model will cost 629 dollars, the 32GB will cost 729 dollars and the 64GB model will cost 829 dollars
- battery life of up to 10 hours from a single charge
- runs almost all of the over 150,000 applications for the iPod Touch and iPhone available in Apple's App Store
- an online "iBookstore" to complement the iTunes music store. iPad syncs with iTunes so applications and content downloaded from the App Store, iTunes Store and iBookstore will be automatically synced to a user's iTunes library
- a virtual touchscreen keyboard and the ability to hook up an external physical keyboard
- iWork, a productivity suite of applications for creating presentations or working with spreadsheets and charts
- powered by A4, a next-generation chip which Apple said provides exceptional processor and graphics performance
- a Software Development Kit for iPad developers to create applications
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Big knickers are back: Thongs ain't what they used to be
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Windows 10: apps and features killed off as Microsoft reveals limits of new operating system
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 How much sex should I be having?
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£12000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: New Full-time, Part-time and Fr...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced creative web and...
£17000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity is now ...
£17100 - £22900 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the North West's leading...