Fastest growing Facebook games of the week:'Hotel City's recruitment drive
Friday 02 April 2010
Social City continues to make real progress, having quickly established itself as one of Facebook's most played games, while
Zoo Paradise by CrowdStar and
Hotel City by Playfish both show promising growth.
Hotel City's acolytes increased at an astonishing rate, with 800,000 wannabe hotel bosses flocking through its doors in the past week.
The game is fresh out from Playfish, now the Facebook arm of video game giant Electronic Arts, and is a new twist on the business management genre made popular by Restaurant City and Zoo World.
Players construct and decorate hotels, choosing to offer either larger, more luxurious, and expensive rooms or smaller, cheaper rooms that can lead to a higher number of guests.
There are also other types of social function rooms available in order to increase guests' satisfaction levels and pander to their whims.
Facebook friends can be summoned to help clean up and maintain each player's property, but if volunteer help isn't available then workers have to be hired, representing a drain on the hotel's resources.
One is almost tempted to see Hotel City as a thinly-veiled metaphor for a Facebook game developer's business plan.
When players are able to generate big buck income from advertising hoardings and vending machines in and around the hotel project, we'll know that FacebookTycoon isn't too far away.
Top ten fastest growing Facebook games, Friday, April 2
1. Social City (10,905,836 = +1,842,269 / +20.3%)
2. Zoo Paradise (2,275,240 = +1,273,705 / +127.2%)
3. Bubble Island (4,397,582 = +927,725 / +26.7%)
4. Hotel City (935,242 = +812,641 / +662.8%)
5. FarmVille (82,847,179 = +689,247 / +0.8%)
6. Tiki Resort (4,134,716 = +641,776 / +18.4%)
7. PetVille (20,855,791 = +618,829 / +3.1%)
8. Texas HoldEm Poker (29,170,503 = +568,488 / +2.0%)
9. Ameba Pico (901,147 = +404,046 / +81.3%)
10. Pet Society (19,619,697 = +320,841 / +1.7%)
Numbers in brackets relate to total monthly users, the increase in monthly users, and the weekly percentage growth.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Microsoft Gold partner, our c...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Internal Sales Executive ...
£15 per hour: Ashdown Group: IT Analyst / Helpdesk - 2 Month Contract - £15ph ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This group is the world's secon...