Fastest growing Facebook games of the week:'Hotel City's recruitment drive
Friday 02 April 2010
Social City continues to make real progress, having quickly established itself as one of Facebook's most played games, while
Zoo Paradise by CrowdStar and
Hotel City by Playfish both show promising growth.
Hotel City's acolytes increased at an astonishing rate, with 800,000 wannabe hotel bosses flocking through its doors in the past week.
The game is fresh out from Playfish, now the Facebook arm of video game giant Electronic Arts, and is a new twist on the business management genre made popular by Restaurant City and Zoo World.
Players construct and decorate hotels, choosing to offer either larger, more luxurious, and expensive rooms or smaller, cheaper rooms that can lead to a higher number of guests.
There are also other types of social function rooms available in order to increase guests' satisfaction levels and pander to their whims.
Facebook friends can be summoned to help clean up and maintain each player's property, but if volunteer help isn't available then workers have to be hired, representing a drain on the hotel's resources.
One is almost tempted to see Hotel City as a thinly-veiled metaphor for a Facebook game developer's business plan.
When players are able to generate big buck income from advertising hoardings and vending machines in and around the hotel project, we'll know that FacebookTycoon isn't too far away.
Top ten fastest growing Facebook games, Friday, April 2
1. Social City (10,905,836 = +1,842,269 / +20.3%)
2. Zoo Paradise (2,275,240 = +1,273,705 / +127.2%)
3. Bubble Island (4,397,582 = +927,725 / +26.7%)
4. Hotel City (935,242 = +812,641 / +662.8%)
5. FarmVille (82,847,179 = +689,247 / +0.8%)
6. Tiki Resort (4,134,716 = +641,776 / +18.4%)
7. PetVille (20,855,791 = +618,829 / +3.1%)
8. Texas HoldEm Poker (29,170,503 = +568,488 / +2.0%)
9. Ameba Pico (901,147 = +404,046 / +81.3%)
10. Pet Society (19,619,697 = +320,841 / +1.7%)
Numbers in brackets relate to total monthly users, the increase in monthly users, and the weekly percentage growth.
Life & Style blogs
Scientists develop blood test that could diagnose depression
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 5 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Manager - Near...
£55000 - £60000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Senior ...