For techies: Ten gizmos programmed to thrill
By Jason Bradbury, 'The Gadget Show' presenter
Sunday 02 December 2007
1. Audio-book subscription, from 7.99 a month.
Huge catalogue of downloadable audio books. Includes an iShuffle (shown on Humax 9200TB) if you subscribe for a year.
Tel: 020 8956 2825, ww.audible.co.uk
2. 'My Horse and Me' and 'Big Brain Academy' for Nintendo Wii, 25 and 17 respectively
A horse-riding simulator for little equestrians and brain-tease game for anyone who likes a challenge.
3. Nintendo Wii , 179.99
Motion-sensitive gaming, from bowling to boxing. Enormous fun for all.
Tel: 0870 6060 247, http://uk.wii.com
4. Tefal Three-Second Kettle, 59.95
Near-instant brew for quick cuppas.
Tel: 08456 049 049, www.johnlewis.com
5. iPod Touch, from 199
Sublime music-playing, built-in Wi-Fi, innovative touch-sensitive screen.
T el: 0800 048 0408, www.applestore.co.uk
6. Gorillapod, 14.95
A mini, flexible tripod to secure your compact digital camera to anything.
Tel: 0844 922 1010, www.firebox.com
7. Humax 9200TB personal video recorder, 175
A Freeview box with bells on: series record, pause live TV, record one show, watch another, and 160GB hard drive.
Tel: 0870 247 8800, www.humaxdigital.com/uk
8. Mobile broadband, 10 a month
Stay connected via a USB modem.
Tel: 0800 358 6946, www.three.co.uk
9. Apple MacBook, from 699
The best portable computer you can buy at this price. But I advise you to spend an extra 120 and get the super-chic black one.
Apple, as before
10. Pleo, 250
A baby dinosaur robot from the makers of the Furby that develops a personality as you nurture it.
Tel: 01702 200 660, www.vividimaginations.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: Linux Systems Administrator ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL Server Reporting Analyst (Busine...